Sunday, December 16, 2012

Little Miss Organised

This week is the worse week to be out and about; but I have to be.  I also have to be at home organising myself for the coast.  Yep, I'm off to the coast for a few days of rest and sunburn and reading.  I need to get away from the city for a little while and so I'll be doing just that for the New Year.  

Well, as I was saying, this week is going to be organisation-city!  I have to put away laundry, clean the bathroom and toilets (yep, I have two of those stupid things!), then I have to start packing a bag for next weekend.  Seeing I won't be taking a budgie with me, I won't have to worry about bird seed, covers, shell grit or any other birdy things.  This just about breaks my heart, but it's good too because I can come home from the coast by bus; saving my folks the trip back up by car.

This afternoon, tomorrow and Tuesday, I'll be fixing up a few small things I need to fix up.  Then, on Wednesday, I'll be outa here for a good part of the day, shopping at Garden City.  I thought to go there because there's a petshop, Woolworths, Coles, K-Mart and a Suncorp bank all in the one place... and if I need to do anything, well, I don't have to travel too far and go outside into the heat.  I'll be taking my blue trolley and a soft-esky with me full of cold packs.  Otherwise, I'm hoping to get everything I need from there within about 3 hours - well, shorter time I'm hoping, but if it takes longer, I'm not going to complain.  I also have to pick up medication and vitamens.  But if I don't, I can always get it from the chemist down the road (actually I might because of where I live; it'd be cheaper).
Mainly, it's a quick little top-up shop of things I really, really need... like deodourant and eggs and milk... you know, the essentials.  I also need to buy myself a cool calendar for the kitchen and one for the office and a fish feeder so they don't go without; then I'll be getting Little Miss Stevie's photos printed up at K-Mart (I'll get them done in 1 hour so I don't have to go back there) and then, I'll see if I can get another album; as the photos I've been looking at recently had to be trimmed down to fit the album I have.  
I'm hoping to go to Woolworths and get my dark chocolate first, then walk to the other end of Garden City and get everything else done - after going to K-Mart first so I have all the time in the world to go back and get the photos.  I'm hoping to make sure not to be around Garden City too long as I don't like to be out too much around Christmas... and it'll be 4 days to Christmas Eve... eeewwww!  The place will be more crowded than ever!

So, what I'll do is make sure I'm more than ready to go here at home and then, I'll be okay by the time the weekend pops around.  Who else is looking forward to Christmas?  I'll bet not many of you guys either.  Well until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm, and remember, I'm always here.     

No comments:

Post a Comment