Friday, December 14, 2012

New Habits

This week has been a tough one for me; and it's been a long one too.  My little bird lost her life only last Saturday evening and my living room was empty of one very cute, very charismatic little budgie; after 7 3/4 years of us keeping each other company I'm finding this townhouse very quiet.

But now, I have had some time to feel sick and grieve over my little bird; to figure out what I'm going to do next with the house.  I've also got about 6 weeks until I'll be thinking of getting another little feathered friend here.  And over those weeks (it might be longer), I've thought it a good idea to start working through my house and throwing out my junk - the bigger stuff.  
Okay, over the last few years, I've worked through the smaller things in my house that needed throwing out.  Now, over the next year, I'm going to work on getting rid of the bigger stuff that I haven't used in the decade I've been here.  There's suitcases I've owned since 1997 that I've only used once - and that was to move into this townhouse - and then there's a multitude of clothes I need to go through and see what I'm going to wear over the next year.  Sure, I've been buying clothes, but I haven't been throwing out the clothes I no longer wear, or clothes that don't fit me anymore - and that's bad.

And it's not only inside the house that's getting a face lift and clean out.  My garden will too.  I'm going to begin saving up money and stop spending so much.  With Dad retired now, I'll get him to help me build a shade house and a sun house for my plants.  I'm hoping to also replace the outdoor setting - table and chairs alike - with new park benches and get rid of the table altogether.  Then, I'll make sure the place looks good with some better plants and a set of bigger pots to really do up the place.  Dad reckons it'll look great.  This will take time, though, and lots of saving up money, but it will be worthwhile.

Another thing I want to do is start taking one day a week off from here.  Yep, I'm finding myself on the internet too much.  I'm a writer and have found that my work is lagging behind too much.  So, I'll be taking off one day a week to work on my writing, housework, painting... well, anything that needs attention.  Otherwise, the rest of the week will be worked on here, then the rest of the place for the rest of the day.  
I know this sounds like a lot to do over the next year.  However, it's what I hope to get done.  If it doesn't happen, well, it doesn't.  If it does, great.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.    

No comments:

Post a Comment