Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Too Hot!

It's too hot.  Too hot to do anything... any housework, gardening or anything constructive but sit in front of the fan with a spray bottle of water and keep cool.  The birds outside are quiet and the cicadas are noisy.  The lizards are running around the place looking for a scrap of shade and the ants are scrambling around the concrete in hoards; showing that rain is nearby.

My air-conditioner is no match for the heat that's around today.  However as I step outside this room, I realise just how hot the house is compared to how cool this room is.  So, really, I'm sweating because I'm drinking a lot of water and it has nowhere to go but out of my skin. 

Fortunately, I got in and did a lot of things this morning.  I trimmed some shrubs, tied up my tree out the front and checked the mail across the road at the post office... all this was done before 9:30am; before the heat really hit us.  And yet, I had to wash my face after I came inside because sweat was running off my face and hair in streams.  

Last night was the hottest and most uncomfortable night we've had here in Brisbane in 7 years.  It was 25.3 degrees Celsius with 80-90% humidity.  And today, it got worse; and we're supposed to get a storm... I just hope it gets cooler too; as I'm unable to do any housework or packing because it's slowed me down so much - as I'm sure this heat has with many other people around Australia.  

Well, I hope you all are having a far better day than I am - we Aussies - are at the moment.  It's so close to Christmas and very uncomfortable.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm (or cool), and remember, I'm always here.    

No comments:

Post a Comment