Friday, December 7, 2012

My Only Day At Home

You read right... today is my only day at home.  But just because it is, it doesn't mean I'm going to be a lazy person.  Already, I've gotten a few jobs done and they were done before breakfast, because I had to get the laundry going and I had to pull out the clothes airer.
First, the Christmas tree box had to be put away - along with the three boxes where the decorations were stored.  Then, I put on the laundry, pulled out the airer, organised the pets to be fed, gave my little bird a cuddle and opened up the house.  It had been raining for around 2 hours by this time; and didn't look like it was going to stop.  So, I did two loads of laundry and hung it all on the clothes airer to dry by 8:30am.
Also by around 8:30am, I had finished breakfast and put away a lot of the wiping up from last night.  The shopping trolley has also been put away into the storage area and I organised myself to go to the post office to pick up the mail.  Once that was done, it was past 9am and I had been outside to check on my plants (as sometimes the possums knock them over), then I decided to jump online.
This afternoon, I'm hoping to get in and tidy up the kitchen table and the lounge room, finish up wrapping a few Christmas Presents and work on another one for Gabe and Kat; and hopefully finish that one by next week.  Then, tidy up the bathroom, laundry and kitchen and sweep out the carport and the front stoop and tidy up Little Miss Stevie's cage.  I want to get a lot of things done this afternoon because tomorrow is going to be a long day for me at the Logan Art Gallery.  
On Sunday, I hope it's fine enough to spray varnish a good lot of the present I've been working on for Gabe and Kat.  Well, it's taken me a long time to get over halfway through them; so I hope they like the way I've painted them up.

This week has been a horror of a week though.  Since Sunday, I haven't had a moment to myself to do anything I want to do and the house has been a mess!  
On Monday I was out with my best friend from college, Susan.  We had a great time at the Hyperdome at Loganholme.  I haven't been there in yonks and so it felt like the first time for me as I had to ask for directions to get anywhere.  This place had undergone some major renovations over the last decade too.  
Then, Tuesday was an absolute stinker of a day where I didn't do anything but sit around the house, drink ice green tea and spray the bird with her spray bottle - which she happily stood still for each hour; and would you blame her?  Nah, neither would I. 
Wednesday was my shopping day.  It was still hot but not as hot as Tuesday.  So, I got away as early as possible and took my time getting things done; arriving home around midday.  
Yesterday, I bought my fruit and veggies at The Big Apple down the road and went to Mum and Dad's house to put up their Christmas Decorations.  It was a good day with a lovely breeze.  I pulled down all the boxes and had fun putting all the decorations on the tree and even put the new ones on I had bought for my folks - at Mum's insistence - and before long, I caught a cab home; after feeding the local wildlife some bread and pulling a plant upright again in their yard and making sure it wouldn't fall over again.

Tomorrow, I'm looking at being away from the house at around 8am; as Cheli Fosket is picking me up on the way to the Gallery to set up my part of the Pop-Up Museum at the Logan Art Gallery.  I hope it all goes well as the rest of the volunteers show up to look at it and have fun at the morning tea.  Unfortunately none of my family can be there; but a wonderful friend and writer will be on their behalf.  Well, I better go; as it looks like rain again soon.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.          

No comments:

Post a Comment