Monday, September 24, 2012

Busy Week Ahead!

This week is going to be one very busy week.  I have so much to do and so little time to get it all done.  And over the weekend, I got so much done I was hoping to get more done, but I didn't.
On Saturday, I had new neighbours move in next door.  But they didn't move any furniture in; instead they began renovating the place.  My old neighbour didn't care for the place in the right way and so they've been taking it apart and putting it back together the right way.  This is wonderful.  For the last 48 hours I haven't heard any pipes groan or mutter or thump... how brilliant is that?  And they've spent the last three days pulling up vinyl in the kitchen, taking out things that they don't need and getting it ready for their kids to move in in a few weeks' time.

While they were busily doing that, I've been cleaning my place for the time I'm going to be on holidays myself.  I've mowed my lawn, pulled out weeds, water plants and moved them so they don't get too burnt by the sun.  Then, I pruned the Moch Orange at the back fence this morning.  It looks good.  
Yesterday, I washed up everything in the kitchen, cleaned down the countertop and the doors, looked for my Hawks gear - as they're in the Finals this Saturday - and then, I hung the big retro picture frame and organised the photos on the usb stick that are going to go in it and put that and the list of the photos in my handbag in a zip-lockbag.  Then, I began writing up a shopping list for this Wednesday.  It's going to be a half-shop seeing I won't be here to eat the food, I won't be wasting the money on it.  
Then, I came upstairs with the corded mouse and some computer gear that has been sitting on the coffee table for about a week or so and put it away in the wardrobe of the spare room.  Grabbing the vacuum cleaner and the extension cord from my bedroom, I plugged it in and took the chair and bin from the bathroom and vacuumed the bathroom floor, cleaned up the toilet - wiping it down - and cleaned up the basin with one of those cleansing wipes.  Then, I wiped down the mirror with a towel and put everything back.  I've yet to do the shower.  
After that, I put everything back to where it was supposed to be, packed up the vacuum cleaner and put away the extension cord (I don't like leaving stuff sitting around) and then started looking through the things by the front door to see what needs to be taken on an Endo's Run - taken to a charity - and I found that quite a few things needed to be gotten rid of.  So, I organised those things quickly and now have a small - and growing - pile next to the front door.  

This morning, I have done three loads of laundry - including hand-washing - organised the washing up, posted off a parcel off to the Northern Territory in a book swap with a Bookcrosser there, collected the mail (which was all presents and my birthday present I ordered last week) and then chatted to the new neighbours next door for a bit.  They're nice people and I think I'll get along well with them as we're on the same page with a lot of things.
I still have a whole list of things to get done before the week is out.  However, most of that list is to be done away from the house... bummer, eh?  Well, at least I have to get things done around the place while I can.  I've still yet to pack my bag, which is still in the wardrobe.  It's my Hawks travel bag I take with me everytime I travel places as it fits all my clothes, shoes and medications in it.  I can't wait to go to my brother's house as it's in a completely different area than here in Logan City.  I've been there before and it's such a lovely place and I have enjoyed staying there too.  

I have another three days to work - not including Thursday as I have to go to the chiropractor - and get myself ready to go.  I'll be cleaning and tidying up the house, putting away laundry, doing laundry, vacuuming the house, sweeping out my car port, putting out the rubbish, sorting out all kinds of lists - from shopping lists to what to take lists - and then, I'll be ready by Friday afternoon... ready to take off.  By Saturday morning, all I'll need to do is pack my vitamens and I'll be packed.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment