Friday, September 28, 2012

Tomorrow, tomorrow...

Well, I've been busy this arvo and tonight getting the rest of my things together for my week away.  My sheets have been washed, the bed remade, the vacuum cleaner put away, other stuff sorted out and put by the door in what I call 'charity bags'.  Then, I organised Little Miss Stevie's food and her snacks as well.  I also grabbed my toiletries pack and organised what was going into that.  Now, all I need to do is pack my shampoo and conditioner and the last minute stuff and put all of that in my Hawks Traveller Bag and get that downstairs, and I'll be ready.

Tonight, I washed up everything, sorted out the rubbish, threw out last week's newspaper and a couple of bags of other rubbish too.  Then, I cleaned up the coffee table, paid the last two bills for this week (a gas bill and a phone bill; the latter only came in today) and then I wiped down the kitchen counter and emptied out the sink water and found a spot for the teapot I'm currently using and then collected together my little slippers Mum gave me and my flip-flops and brought them upstairs to add to the bag of shoes I've chosen to take with me (sandels, block heels, flip-flops, slippers and sneakers).  

Today's jobs were just about finishing up and tidying up the place.  Some of it took along time, while other things were small and just about folding laundry and putting it away - which took about half an hour.  But once I got it all put away, it was good.  I even made time to throw some clothes into the charity bag by my bedroom door.  When I get back, I'll be going through my whole wardrobe again and seeing what I really need and making sure I really do need the clothes I have... but mainly it's the shirts in my drawers that are bothering me.
There isn't much else to do except sleep tonight, make the bed tomorrow and get everything ready to go in the morning when I wake up.  All of that shouldn't take long and once I'm up at 7am or so, and I've had breakfast, washed up, put everything away, put the feeder block in the fish tank, all that needs to be done is for Dad to come and pick Little Miss Stevie and me up.  I'm excited about this trip to Brighton as it'll be a fun one to a different place where I'll hang out on my own for a while.  Well, until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a busy week. Enjoy your holiday next week!

    ReplyDelete