Thursday, September 6, 2012

Kick Back and Relax

Over the last few days, I've been working hard to have my house a little tidier so I can recover better.  Truthfully, I burned myself out a bit; but it was well worth the effort.  I got my laundry done, changed the sheets over and vacuumed my room and dusted too as well as aired the house out.  But I was very tired from it all last night and crashed the moment I went to bed.

Today, I ate breakfast and have been hanging around on here, the net, for a good part of the day.  I'm not doing anything too hard and I think it's about time I slowed down as I felt stuffed last night just after I turned out the light.   And once I was asleep I didn't wake up until the alarm woke me at 6am.
But all I've done today, is eat breakfast, check the mail and visit a neighbour, who is off his feet with his left leg in plaster and bandage.  He did in his Achilles Tendon; snapping it as he jumped off the end of ute.  He's been stuck at home for about three weeks now, but he's getting a boot for his foot tomorrow, but he still won't be able to work until around October.  We chatted about things and caught up as we sat in his living room with the tv going.
Soon, though, I took off and he said to not be a stranger and to drop by whenever I'm around (might do tomorrow if he's home).  We've been friends for years.

This is the first day where I've done nothing around the house.  Okay, the washing up was done last night, the laundry is now finished, the vacuuming got done upstairs and Little Miss Stevie has been moved from her Winter Position to her Summer Position - simply because the days are nice and warm and a lovely breeze to bask in - but I haven't done anything that will exhaust me today, and it feels good right now because I'm feeling better in myself.  I still need to sleep more and I'm eating well but sleep is the most important thing that I need to do at night.  If that isn't good, the virus won't leave me alone as soon as I want it to.

Well, it's a lovely warm, sunny day outside.  I might get in and finish tidying up the lounge room... I did start on it the other day but was far too ill to finish it.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment