Wednesday, June 12, 2013

And Now, A New Bedroom Suite!

Over the last week or so, I've been talking about getting a new bedroom suite.  And yesterday - the only day over the last few days it was fine without any rain - it arrived!  How's that for irony?

I was up at around 8am, cleaned up, stripped my old double bed, and had it all ready to go and put all my stuff into a reusable shopping bag.  Then, I had breakfast after getting dressed and made sure there was enough room in my bedroom for everything to be.  
After around middday, Dad arrived to wait out the afternoon with me until arrived.  And just as I hung up from Dad's phone call (as he had been in the city with Mum for the morning), I received the call from the delivery guy from 'Bedland' and he said he was on his way from Victoria Point!  So, I called Dad back, and he was as happy as I was!

Before long, the truck was here and the guy was unpacking everything from it.  I was thrilled; but I was also watching the weather.  Those clouds weren't looking too good.  They were low, grey and full of rain.  But, no rain came over the whole day.  Instead, it stayed kinda coolish and we had time to get the old bed out and new bed in and we had the whole bedroom suite all put together by the time 3pm or so rolled around.

I also put on a well-deserved plunger coffee for Dad too and pulled out a nice Hanks Root Beer from the fridge for myself.  We were just fixing up the drawer handles in the beside tables - which were harder to do than the tallboy - when we knew we were near the end of the job.  The delivery guy had been gone after he had to go back to the store and get the slats that had been left off the truck by the guy who loaded it up.  

Anyway, last night, I unpacked all my suitcases I had kept stored in my bedroom wardrobe, put all my make-up in the top left drawer of the tallboy and found a lovely scarf to put on top of the tallboy so it didn't get marked by my jewellery boxes.  Then, I made sure all the stuff by my bed was where it was supposed to bed and cleaned up as much as I could before going to bed.  It wasn't all that late, but I was tired.  This had been a long day, where we had worked hard on putting it together and knew I enjoyed it... I love the colour, I love everything about it.  And last night, I had the best night's sleep in a long time.

Bedhead 

Tallboy - Up Close 

Side Table 

Overall Suite With Artwork Included 

I took a lot of photos of this suite, but I've only included the ones that look good.  I've also done up 6 paintings that will be gracing the wall above the bed soon.  There's only one there so far, but I have to get some temporary hooks to put up on the wall as they're not heavy paintings.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment