Friday, June 6, 2014

A Weekend Full of Housework

I have a weekend full of housework and cleaning up.  Yep, seeing I spent most of my week out on the road, I have mostly neglected tidying up the house, putting away the laundry and cleaning the bathroom and washing the floors.

So, I'm going to do just that this weekend.  I'm doing all the usual housework as well as the bigger stuff I was supposed to do on Thursday when I was out all day looking for a cork for the terrarium at Bardon and having lunch at Mt Coot-tha.

Tomorrow, I'm up at sparrow-fart to catch the guys at Harvey Norman to pick up the hall table I picked up today.  
Okay, I'll start at the beginning with this one.  I ordered in a gorgeous, solid timber hall table for the top of my stairs.  I had been looking for something like this for about a year now, and I finally found one at Harvey Norman at Garden City.  So, on Tuesday, I ordered it in and yesterday, when I arrived home, I found a message on my machine letting me know it had arrived.  So, today, I took my time and got there to pick it up.  I had other things to get done, but I didn't rush.  I paid the rest of the money off on it ($200) and drove up there, backed my car in, popped the boot open and the guy put it in... no probs.  When I got home, I got it up the stairs and into my bedroom safely on my two-wheel trolley and gently laid it down, opened it, pulled all the stuffing from around it only to find one end was broken clean in half!  I was stunned!  It's a good solid table, and something must have hit it bloody hard to break the end of it as it was hanging by the screws.  I called the place and told them, got photos (as they asked me to for evidence for the supplier - because Harvey Norman was as upset about this as I was/am) and then I had to move the thing into my office.  As I did, the broken bit dropped off into the box... man, it just didn't have chance.  So, the guys are coming tomorrow morning at 7:30am, because I'm the first job on the list.  They did try to come tonight, as they put me on the last job of the night, but they got held up longer at their previous job and asked if it was okay for them to come tomorrow... hey, no probs, I'm going to be home for most of the weekend.

So there was my Friday.  Not rushed, but upsetting to say the least.  I hated what happened to my table, but am happy something is being done about it.

Anyway, tomorrow and Sunday, I'm going to get the lawn mowed, the car washed, one of my sun-loving plants repotted (and it's spiney too).  Then, I'm going to do out my wardrobe completely, vacuum, dust, clean the bathroom and toilets and then measure up the bathroom window for a curtain.  I have the rod and holders that will be on the window, but I just need a few more things and it'll be done.  I want my bathroom to look more like it's part of my home and less like it's part of a hotel... I know that sound terrible, but it's how it feels to me.  My bathroom has a very cold feel to it; and yet outside it, it's my home.

Monday is going to be a day of me catching up with reading, writing and critiquing some works... I hope I get more work in the garden done too if it's not raining too much.  I might even get some varnishing done on Tuesday or Wednesday.  Truthfully, I don't want my week next week to be filled up too much.  I just want to be home most of the time to chill out and enjoy my new terrarium and be here for when the new hall table is delivered.

So, what are the plans for your long weekend?  Partying?  Chilling out or just plain old working around the house?  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment