Sunday, June 8, 2014

Groovy Sunday Afternoon

Well, it's a normal Sunday afternoon.  

This morning, I didn't want to get out of bed.  It wasn't because it was cold.  It was I'm a bit more than disappointed about something that happened last night.  

Never mind... I won't go into here; it's too personal, and I promised that this isn't a personal, private, put out my dirty laundry kinda blog... and besides, you don't want to know.

So, once I did get up this morning, I was off to the service station to pick up some milk, toilet cleaner and a paper.  And so, once home, I made pancakes and read the paper.  But soon enough, it was time to get my butt into gear and work on the place again (as it will be soon to do this arvo).
I went outside and tipped over the sun-loving Bromiliad.  It was time to uproot the mother plant and pull the pup off it.  I had to repot it now, or this plant would never work itself out next Summer.  So, I did and now, the mother plant is in the huge recycling bin up the back of the complex - with a bit of help from one of my neighbour's friends.  I had to warn him that the leaves were razor sharp... and he looked at them and nodded.

Well, once I got that done, I found a spare bucket in the cabinets outside, washed it out and picked up some cleaning gear for that bathroom and toilets.  I'm going to work out what I need in the way to clean the bathroom and just keep that bucket handy to be the cleaning bucket - and that's it for both upstairs and downstairs... and not have two of everything.  I buy one lot of toilet cleaner and spray'n'wipe and that's it to clean both toilets.  There's one pair of gloves... you get the idea.  I'm not spending money I don't have; and thus I'm saving money in the longrun.

Then, later on this afternoon, I'll be going through the first part of my wardrobe.  I'll start really small and go through my socks and delicates; and throw out what I don't need and give away the socks I don't want or use.  It's the best way I know how to start on cleaning out my bedroom of clothes.  Then, it'll be easier to put things away after doing the laundry or getting changed.

These things won't take long...  and it's a start on it all.  So, what are you doing this weekend that's different?  Being a long weekend, are you doing something with family?  Or are you just hanging out at home?  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment