Sunday, June 8, 2014

Big Clean Out - The Beginnings Of It Anyway!

My house is beginning to really look good.  Downstairs looks very 1970's and I'm very pleased with it.  It still needs work, but nothing too drastic.  Devil's in the details, you know.

This afternoon, I worked on upstairs stuff.  I organised a bucket of gear to be used in cleaning the bathroom... and only use that bucket to have my cleaning gear in it to do just that.

First thing I did was start on cleaning the bathroom.  I cleaned the toilet.  Then, I got an old pair of socks, sprayed all-purpose cleaner on the blinds and wiped them down with the socks.  Oh, wow!  So much crap came off those blinds!  The place looked so much brighter because they were so much cleaner.
Then, I moved everything off the vanity and cleaned it with the Jif spray stuff and then did the mirror.  Before I put anything back, I went through everything!  This meant I went through the linen closet and pulled out all the little buckets of stuff that I had there - from salts to soaps and everything in between that's smelly for a bath I don't have - and tossed them all into a bag for a charity.  It all looks great!

The next place I attacked was my bedroom.  I put every last piece of laundry away... I'm not kidding.  It's all put away now and the dirty laundry is downstairs in the hamper awaiting washing.  
When I got 95% of it put away, I pulled all the socks out of my sock drawer and sorted through them... what I wear, what I don't and what wasn't worth saving.
I did the same with my underwear, bras and nightwear drawer.  It all fits well now.  And there was so much I tossed out that I won't miss - I just won't miss it, I swear.  

So, now I have one bag of towels I'll be giving to Mum.  One bag of clothes for a charity and one bag of toiletries that will go to a charity too.  I think I got a lot done in a few hours.  I still have quite a bit to get done.  However, I'm proud of how far I've gone so far.  What I do need to pick up is a broom with rubber bristels to go around the bathroom with... to pick up all the dust and crap from around the place before I wash the floor... I can use it downstairs around the front door and in the hall to the kitchen too... saves me getting onto my knees with a dustpan and brush.  I may yet go to Bunnings and have a look around at their brooms and see their prices tomorrow.  But first, I'll see if they're open; as it's a public holiday.  Well, until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment