Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thursday's Day Outing

It's been a huge day out with my Little Green Machine, a terrarium and me behind the wheel following the directions of a Tom-Tom all over Brisbane city... and what a gorgeous day for me to be doing just that!

First off, I received a phone call from my folks, on holidays, that Mum needed some things she forgot to pack.  No probs!  I dropped over there to check on the place as well as do this little thing for Mum; only to get locked out of a bank account they have control over... damn... so I couldn't post the things she needed off and left them on the kitchen table all folded up and ready to go.  

I hate that.

Well, it was time to leave, so I jumped in the car, drove to Spotlight at Upper Mt Gravatt and looked around for a tapestry I could do... a nice simple one that didn't cost the Earth.  However, there's no such thing as nice and simple anymore, and they all cost the Earth.... sooo, I'll have to rethink my approach to my cushion design for the Secret Santa this year at my craft group.

I left Spotlight with a wooden 'kitchen' word to paint up for my stall and organised myself with the Tom-Tom to take me to Bardon where I had to get the cork for the terrarium.  

Well!  What a drive!  I knew where I was going right up until it took me off on to Moggil Road and got me totally lost!!!  I had no clue where it was taking me until I found myself about 5 minutes from the Mt Coot-tha Lookout.  And so much has changed there that I used the Tom-Tom to  get me up there.  This is where I took a well-earned break and sat down in the restaurant there to just have a coffee and ended up staying for lunch.
I mean, who wouldn't want to?  I had a near-perfect view of Brisbane City, Archerfield Airbase and could just see Moreton Bay.  And all the while I was eating pumpking gnokki - a pasta that was made with pumpkin and flour then boiled in rolling water for only a few minutes (or until it floated) and it was put with parsnips crisps and blistered cherry tomatoes... mmmmmm.... yummo!  It was delectible!  Such a gorgeous meal and it sounded like it should have cost the universe, but it only cost me $20... okay, $24.00 with my latte on top of that.  Pretty good for a five star restaurant on top of a mountain, don't you think?  And I mean, I was there for around an hour, taking a break from driving, with around 50 other people!  The place was packed with sight-seers who just wanted to see this great city from afar!  I live here, and I wanted to see my home city from afar too... such a pretty little city; and it's growing so fast.

Before I knew it, I was on the road again.  Little Green Machine took the twists and turns of the road down Mt Coot-tha so well!  And I nearly got stuck on Milton Road - but found my way to the Wesley Hospital through Eagle Terrace (where I used to live with a horrible man years ago) and then onto Coronation Drive and onto the freeway... traffic wasn't too bad all the way to Logan; actually it was pretty good.
I got off at Springwood, drove straight to the large Bunnings store at Underwood and bought 3 plants, some sphagnum moss and stones for my terrarium.  I already had the rest of the stuff at home.  While I was there, I ran into Kym Foxx, who used to live in my unit complex, and I showed her my new little car.  She was so please I got something so cute!  And said it must be great on the fuel.  I told her where I had been today and she was amazed that it was going so well, then I told her what I needed to get and what for.  She loved that I was making a terrarium; and thought it was the best thing for small houses.  

Well!  I got home, unpacked everything, cleared a space on the coffee table and organised myself to get the terrarium working!  Within the hour, my little garden in a bottle was planted out, decorated and watered in... err, had a little spray from the bottle... and then?  I put the cork on it and took photos!  It's such a cutie!  I looked around and wanted to do another one immediately!  Yes... I'm hooked on these things.  
But after the day I've had, I'm tired.  Mum phoned me before, letting me know that she's unlocked the account needed to let me in.  I pick up my hall table tomorrow and post off Mum's stuff to her on the way too.  I can't wait to get home, move some furniture and get the hall table looking great!  That will all be done in the morning... so I have the rest of the day to myself.  And then?  It will be the end of a very, very busy week!  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment