Thursday, June 12, 2014

All Day Outing

I was out from around 10am until 3:30pm today... but it was worth every moment.  I took my time doing everything I needed to do... which was good.

The first thing I did was give Little Miss Stevie's blankets and cuttlefish to the RSPCA World at Springwood.  It was the second time I've been there, and I made myself go this time and not leave until I took the bag in.  Well, I ended up walking around the place with the bag in my hands for about half an hour... I must have looked like a bag lady, but I still ended up at the counter with it, crying my eyes out trying to let them know I wanted to give the covers away.  But the longer I hold onto them, the harder it will be to give them away - I know this.  And I know they will be going to the shelters for a puppy or a kitten to curl up on this Winter.  And the cuttlefish will be scratched on by a parrot who really wants something to chew on.  I felt so sad and when I got back to the car, I felt so lost because I thought I had let go of the last of my bird... I haven't.  

After I had a cry in the car, I got going to Mum and Dad's house after the post office and paid some bills, watered some plants and emptied some things out of the fridge... I also wrote down some messages and stuck around the place in case the birds came to visit for a feed.  But they didn't... so I left and went about my day.

The next place was over at Woodridge.  I had some things to get done at K-Mart.  I put in some photos to get developed and then looked around Woodys and bought some sheet music there for $2.00ea.  Then, seeing I was sticking around for a bit, I thought to have some lunch at Venus' Cafe and look at some stuff at the 'Dollars & Sense' place before going to the chemist and then picking up the photos and finding some things to use for my clean up around the house.  
After Logan Central Plaza, I went to Endoes and donated three bags of stuff I didn't want anymore from my house.  It felt so good to let go of my stuff that I no longer needed but it was good to use.  Then I was off to the Art Gallery and I had a look around there and chatted to the ladies there.  

I looked at my watch and it was almost 3:15pm!  Wow!  Where did the day go?  Well, I jumped in my car and took off home.  It was time get the things I had bought home and get dinner under way.  

And tomorrow?  Well, I have some cleaning out and phone calls to make after I go to the post office to send something off to Toowoomba to a good friend of mine, who doesn't have the net.  Such a pity, because it'd be easier to keep in touch with her.  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment