Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Shopping Day

Today was filled with a lot of fiddly stuff.  First off, I checked the post office, went to the pet store and then to the charity store; the last one mainly to look for glass containers with lids, but found none.

So, I went to Go-Fabrics to look for a tapetry to make for the Secret Santa for my Craft Group this year... however, they don't stock them anymore.  The man there advised me to go to Spotlight - so after looking online and coming up with nothing, I'll be heading out to that store before I go to Bardon tomorrow morning.  Yep, get everything done in one hit... and pick up the terrarium on the way through, so I don't have the unfortunate chance of somebody breaking into my car to steal the terrarium just when I'm planning on using it.

Anyway, I got in and did my shopping, finding that a lot on my list wasn't needed - so I deleted a fair bit of what I had written down while I was in Coles without buying it.  My shopping came to around $130 instead of something a lot more. Which I'm very proud of.  I even cut back on a few things, making sure I do eat and use everything before I go and buy it again... this is a part of my cleaning out the house process.  
Okay, cleaning it out not only means throwing out the stuff I don't need, it also means using up all the food in the house I buy each fortnight.  So, when I went through all my pantry and fridge, I found that there was food that I bought but didn't eat.  For example, there's pasta I've bought but haven't finished.  So, until I finish all the pasta in my pantry, I won't be buying any.  It's just something I think is something I'll waste if I keep buying it and then throwing it out just because there's only a cup left.  It's still a meal or two, even if it's just for me.

I also took my time today.  Now I have a car, I don't feel I have to rush to get things done anymore.  If it takes me all day, well, let my shopping take me all day... that's what shopping day is all about, isn't it?  Anyway, until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment