Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Busy Day Today

Today I'm hoping to get a few things done while I have the stamina.  It's cold here as there's an Antarctic Wind charging up the coast making us all freeze through a cold snap.  So, I'm hoping to be able to get in and do some work around here in the way of making a difference around my home.

This morning, the first thing I did was put a Command Hook on the inside of one of my wardrobe doors so I can hang up a couple of my handbags.  I'll be adding to that hook with more Command Hooks so there's more use of them and I can put my bags away, rather than have them on the floor.

Then, I moved the old bathroom mirror from inside the spare room wardrobe to behind the bedroom door... it gave me more room in the wardrobe and I was less likely to break it accidentally.  I have a few other things to get done before the day's out here, but I need a box for my wrapping paper stuff for Christmas and Birthdays next week while I'm out shopping.  

Anyway, I'm going to finish tidying up the bedroom by putting away the clothes on the chair and all the cushions too.  Then, I'm going to get in and vacuum as well and dust too; and that bedroom will be complete.  The hall table will get a dusting and I'll finish doing out the bathroom and give the floor a once over and that will be finished up too.  I've yet to get the curtain for it though - that will still take time to do.

Downstairs, I have to wait for the hand-washing to dry - this will take until later this afternoon - then I'll put away the clothes horse, fold the laundry, put away some hand-stitching stuff, dvds, clean up the lounge and dust the place then vacuum and lounge room and wash all the floors.  The downstairs will look better than it used to; as it's easier to clean than it used to be. 

Now, there's a few things that still have to be looked into - like the home office - but I have left this room until last as it's the toughest room to work in.  I have so many things to organise in here that this will be my final attempt at working on it.  If I can't pull this room together this time around, I'll just leave it the way it is, accepting it for what it is - a junk room.  I hate saying this, but it will have to be something I hate and despise until I get my head around what is in here - junk - and I can let it go without thinking I'm going to worried about it.

Decluttering is a highly personal thing.  Nobody can really help you with it, you can only do it yourself and it takes courage to take on your own house by yourself... and once you do start letting go of things you don't need, it does become easier.  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment