Saturday, September 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Mum!

Today is my Mum's birthday; and she's a great person to have a Mum.  She's a brilliant and intelligent woman who is always there for my brother and me when we need her; or anyone.  And today is her day. 

Mum is a one in a million.  She has helped me through so many things and has made me laugh, cry and been the best person I know in my life.  I've learnt so much from her; from cooking, sewing and how to care for myself to knowing when how to talk to somebody and what to buy somebody when they're feeling down.
She has bought me so many things that I've lost count - honestly I have - and when we get together, we end up laughing so much we cry, then forgetting what we were talking about. 

We go to the movies together and have seen some of the greatest stuff around lately.  Afterwards, even though I've had a headache sometimes, we've had something to eat and walked around Garden City.  It's been wonderful to spend time with you on those days.
I've taken you to the preview movies I've won on Triple M and even took you too Mooloolaba when I won a 3-day trip up there... because there wasn't anyone else I'd take.  We had so much fun doing our thing, having a good laugh and enjoying ourselves in the lovely warm sun and going to markets.  And the drive home was a great adventure too; with me taking us the long way around.

During our lives, you've been always there - as I've said - and haven't judged us on our actions.  You're our rock, our support system and our one and only Mum who will always be there for when we need you.  For me, you're my carer (as I've got Epilepsy) and so you've seen me through a lot of crap that a lot of my people have walked away from me for.  I've lost friends because of my disability and kept only a few because they're mature enough to know it'll be okay most of the time.  But you've always been there to help me because you're my Mum and you love me.  
In recent years, my condition has been controlled; making my life a lot easier and so there's been fewer bad days for me and a lot less stress on your mind for you.

So, Happy Birthday Mum!  Enjoy your day and I hope you received all your pressies you've wished for.

1 comment: