Friday, September 24, 2010

One Week Down - One To Go!

I've had a weird kinda week.  I've been a day ahead of myself the whole time and I don't know why; and I skipped a day on 365 project!  How that happened, I'm not sure.  Weird, eh?
Well, it's the end of the first week of school holidays and it's been raining on and off all week.  We've had weather where it's hot one day and cold the next; pouring rain in the morning and stinking hot and sunny by lunch time... so it makes me wonder what the hell's going to be happening next week?  Are we in for more of the same?  And what are the kids going to be doing?  Will they be able to entertain themselves for another week if it all begins to rain continuously again like last week?  If not, well, it's going to be pretty horrendous. 
For me, this week has had me doing my laundry in little bits and pieces because of the weirdness of the weather, practicing a piece of music I'm ready to put through the shredder because my right hand can play it, but my left hand can't and I've just come to the end of a book I've been reading for a bout a month; all because it's a non-fiction.  They take me longer to read because of the information takes longer to sink in and for me to remember it all.  As I've come to the end of that book, I've begun another called 'Enchanted April'.  Fortunately, it's a fiction book and I'm gliding on through it quite easily.  Phew!  Fiction novels again!  Yay!  But it's always good to get my nose into non-fictions once in a while - to educate instead of entertain the brain.  
Also this week, I've had three parcels show up in as many days!  It's the beginning of the Holiday Gift Giving event that begins here in September and finishes around Christmas!  What and enjoyable time of year this is.  This is around the time we also do our Halloween Swap and other fun stuff too.  For example, I did a random postcard send-out last year when I was at Brunswick Heads; and I'll be doing another one this year.  It'll be fun!  
Then, I've got Christmas Presents to purchase between now and December.  So, it's time to get myself back out into the shopping centres again and working on who may want what.  I've been knitting myself a blanket for next year; so knitting anyone anything is out of the question for now.  So, I'll be purchasing things for people now... mainly little things that they'll want and need.  And yes, Dad's always the toughest one to buy for.
Well, so far this week, I've had my time to myself.  It's been a slow - yet relaxing - week of reading, writing, editing, cooking and practicing the piano.  I've enjoyed it.  However, my 37th, birthday is coming up (yep, I'm almost 40... but I'm not worried about it).  I gotta get my hair trimmed before my birthday and I'm thinking of doing out my wardrobe and buying some new clothes for Summer over the next few months; so I have something to wear to the coast.  Now, that'll be good!  I'll even get myself a new coastal/beach bag and trade in my old purple one.  I don't use that anymore; unless somebody in my family wants it.

Well, I best be going.  It's almost lunch time.  And Little Miss Stevie is now eating pear!  Isn't that great?  I'm so pleased with her!  I wonder if she'll do it again for me today.  Until my next post, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment