Wednesday, September 1, 2010

THE BEST DAY OUT!

Today was the best day for me; but it didn't start that way.  I didn't sleep all that great last night as the moon kept me awake for a good part of it as it drifted across the sky.  I had to keep getting up in my sleep-deprived stupor and pull the curtains closed.  So, when the alarm went off this morning, I felt as though I hadn't had enough sleep.
But that didn't get in my way of making today something great.  Actually, I ran early because I kept myself away from Farmville and the computer before going out.  I also got going at around 9am, so I got to the post office early and happened to be 15minutes early for the bus... what bonus!  This bonus time paid off in a big way!  I walked past this house on Kingston Road where there's been about three bags of stuff left out next to the letterbox for the last three or four
days.  I've been noticing that those bags have been walking lately.  Then, the ALDI bag flapped at me... and I realised it was a book cover!  I turned around and walked back and took a look.  This whole bag was full of books.  I judged that I had plenty of time to take them home and dump them just inside the front door while I did my shopping.  When I arrived home, I pulled the  bag apart (in case there was something in there besides books; with people these days, you never know what they'll put in bags with books.  There's so little respect for them now).  When I found there were just books and nothing else, I was so happy and relieved.  And I made to the bus stop on time too!
Once to my destination of the shopping precinct at Logan Central, I went to Life Line and they had stocked up on little coin purses and handbags.  I was happy to see that my old handbag had been snapped up by somebody who was in need of a preloved bag.  It's so good to see your own stuff picked up off the shelf when you no longer need it.  Well, I found some of the lovely little coin purses were just sweet and bought a fair few of them along with an Oroton
handbag!  And what a lovely bag it is.  It matches the purse one of my friends sent me from the coast!  I'm so thrilled I found its match.
Well, my day got better and better.  At 'Woodys' my television series arrived (the one that Christian Slater is in) and I began paying that off along with my usual dvds on the layby.  But, the down side to my day was that the pet store I usually got Little Miss Stevie's millet from has stopped stocking it because the company they bought it from went out of business.  Bummer!  I said that it was the freshest stuff around; and the lady agreed and said they only buy the fresh stuff (as it's the most popular and best for birds to eat).  She said that seeing there's other pet stores around the area now, I'd probably find fresh stuff there.  I hope I do.  I don't want to have my bird go without her treat of millet because the companies out there go out of business.  I told her that I'd grow it; if only the damned possums didn't eat everything I grew!  She laughed agreeing with me, knowing how I felt.
I bought my medications of Topamax and Epilum and - while I was waiting for them - I went off to the Oriental Shoppe to pick up some Tofu and other Asian things I haven't seen around the shops.  By the time I returned to the chemist, my prescription was ready and I could keep going on with my day.
Coles was my next stop.  I did all my grocery shopping and found that I came up cheaper than expected!  Yay!  How good is that?  I also had more than enough money to buy my 'Good Reading' Magazine and get home by cab!  Yep, this was most definitely a great day out!  The weather even stayed beautiful for it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment