Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pay Day!

Today it was a lovely hot day with the sun out shining brightly and a gorgeous Spring wind blowing.  It has been absolutely perfect to be outside for the day; and outside I went as it was pay day and I had shopping to do.
First things was first, I posted off two parcels for Bookcrossing.  One went sea mail and the other went air mail; then I took off to the bus stop; but I didn't get very far.  Just before I got to Park Road, I saw an envelope on the footpath and found it was addressed to a street in Rochedale.  It was crossed and ready to be delivered, but it was clearly in the wrong suburb; so I walked back to the post office and handed it over the counter.   They took it off my hands and said: 'Oh dear, another one.' It seems there must have been more letters that have been found.  I didn't ask for details as they were looking worried.
Anyway, I went back on my way and caught the bus to Triple C where I went to Life Line and found two lovely bags and a darling wallet.  One bag was crocheted and brightly coloured; a rainbow bag.  It has a long strap and is just gorgeous!  I love it, and can't wait to use it.  The other bag is a cotton one which also has a long strap - the strap is wider and the colour is a mottled blue with a dragon on the front flap of it; very colourful.  The wallet is a lovely little thing and just perfect for anything I need it for.  So, they are the three things I purchased at Life Line; it all came up to around $12.00 or so, a lot cheaper than my usual price.

I shopped at Woolworths where I kept on hearing somebody wolf-whistling (this is something I normally ignore as it's insulting to women) and when I heard it behind me I turned to give the guy a mouthful to find it was a 4 year-old kid!  His mother told him off and ordered him to stop doing that... boy!  He must have picked it up off his Dad.  All I could do was pick up my basket again and walk away.
My walk to Logan Central Plaza was nice with the lovely breeze keeping me cool and sun warming my face.  There were crows cawing as they sat on the edge of the buildings and annoying me as I walked.  It was just a lovely walk there; not exhausting like it usually is.
Once there, I paid off some of my layby at Woodys' and talked to Carol about 'The Sorcerer's Apprentice' and she said she'll go and see it before the kids do.  Then, she wants to see 'Salt' too and said that Steven told her that I had been to a preview night and said it was brilliant.  I said it was; except people were dumb when it came to the time and kids.  Such as the couple who arrived with the new-born and had to leave soon after and people who walked in dribs and drabs 10 minutes in to the movie.  She was disgusted that happened; but happy that it was such a great film.
Anyway, I went to the pet shop and accidentally ticked off the parrot there.  All I did was pet her wing and she screeched her head off.  I tried to calm her down but she got louder; poor little darling.  So, I bought my budgie seed and stuck around until she settled and I whistled to her a bit until she was okay, then went on my way.
I bought nearly all I needed at Coles and had to get another $20 out for cab fare.  Oh well, I was just covering all my bases; best to have more than you need than just enough.  I told the cab driver that I had done a TSB and he said he had noticed it was painted and thought it was lovely with the sun on the top.  I'm so happy people like my design.  I'll have to do more of them and really get a reputation for them.
Well, I've been home for a few hours now and have been chilling out on the net.  It's a nice afternoon to do not much else but read or play piano; but I think I'll leave that until tomorrow after my shift at the Gallery.  Until next time, take care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment