Saturday, September 25, 2010

New Things Needed!

Wow!  There's so much I need around the placed... and it's just stuff that need replacing.  Like, the whole unit complex needs new fences - but what's new?  Those fences have been falling down since I arrived.  I need new clothes, but I never have the money; but all I need to do is save up a little.
Most of all, I have been needing a new dvd player... and last night proved it most of all when the remote control died on me.  Even though I changed the batteries over and rolled them around, the stupid thing just gave up the ghost.  So, I had to crawl right up to the player and press the right buttons to get it working properly.  Bugger!  If it's not the speakers cutting out one me whenever they want, it's the damned remote control dying on me.
And if it's not that, the whole machine will keep my dvd's hostage and not play them, give them to me or anything.  And worst times for it to do that is when I get given a burnt dvd... a copied one... it'll stop and start, get all jittery and then freeze up.  It's then, the whole dvd's in immanent danger of being held captive inside my player!  The only way to get it out is for me to turn the whole machine off and turn it back on; and only then will it spit it out for about three seconds and then pull the tray back in!  Yep, I gotta be quick to get the disk out.  My cheap, no-name dvd player gets really mean when it figures out it's got a burnt disk inside it and the disk hasn't been finished properly.  It acts like a spoilt child having a tantrum; and I have to tread carefully around it.  More recently, I have just avoided putting the unfinished burnt dvds inside it to get around its tantrums.
And if it's not my dvd player, it's my VCR.  If I use a tape too many times, it won't rewind fast enough for me to tape something... even if I rewind the tape half an hour before I want to use it.  It's as if it's doing it slowly to make sure I miss the program on purpose!  Stupid bloody machine!  We create them, and the worse we treat the them, the better they run; yet when they do fall apart, it's when we need them the most... school holidays, when we're down with the flu or a cold and when it's pouring rain and there's nothing on the television and it's a Saturday night!  Aaargh!  Typical bloody machines!
We most certainly do create them for them to drive us completely nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment