Thursday, September 9, 2010

Nearing the Week's End

Today, I wasn't hungry, I wasn't feeling to be in any urgent hurry to be anywhere and I felt still tired from having a good night's sleep.  This was unusual; but true.  Yet, I had a lot of things planned that I wanted to do that never got done; some did, but a lot of it will have to wait until tomorrow.
This morning, I grabbed the camera and took off to the post office.  It seems that I'm taking it everywhere with me as I always find a photo opportunity wherever I go now.  And when it's not with me, the best ones are always around; and I'm kickin' myself for leaving it behind!  The sun was shining and there was a lovely breeze going while I walked out of the unit complex and to the curb to wait until the traffic cleared to cross the road.  I didn't have to wait long for that photo
opportunity to show up.  I spotted a tow truck with its unfortunate cargo of an ambulance on its tray.  This was a shot I couldn't let by!  So, out came the camera, and I quickly took a photo!  It was really good!  I could read the towing company's name and even see the Mercedes Benz emblem on the front of the brightly painted vehicle on the back.  What a shot!
Well, I didn't have any mail, so I left the post office empty-handed and bought some milk on the way home.  When I got home, I opened the place up, made my milk drink, changed the radio station and headed up here to the computer.  I had some books to register on Bookcrossing and I thought to use some of my labels some of my BC friends had sent me last year... they're so very cool for making them; and it was time to use them.  So, I did some of that after I harvested my farm, checked my mail, uploaded the photo of the ambulance (properly cropped on picnik of course!) and then Mum called and we chatted for almost two hours about everything.  I sent her the other day's blog entry (Tueday's I think) and she thought the place was looking good.  She does follow my blog, just doesn't get time to read it.

Well, that leads to what I did today.  But I'll begin with yesterday afternoon.  My backyard isn't looking too great.  Well, the potted plants are seeing I've repotted a good lot of them and put away the shade mesh and cleaned up the fence a little with a few new nails.  But the green stuff on the ground isn't lawn... it's a creeper that takes over the lawn and kills it.  So, yesterday, I got in and pulled out two of my rakes and pulled out half of it.  This turned the soil over and made the place look a little chewed, but got rid of a lot of the weed.
Today, I got in and did the rest.  It was pretty tough going because I had to work with the plants and around some of the sewer lids, but I got it done.  My bin is half full of the creeper and I'm ready to get on with the next step of getting my lawn back to what it looked like last year... beautiful.  This is to spray it with some pretty bad-smelling stuff to kill off the creeper completely and then after that, put down lawn seed and food and water it in well.  I know it sounds a lot, but it's what I did years ago to get the first lawn I had.
Once I put everything away, I washed my hands and practiced the piano for 45 minutes.  I felt like I fumbled over everything!  but I have to practice to get better at it all; even if it sounds like crap.  Tomorrow I will get better.  At least I have the patience for it all.  After that, I had a nice hot shower, washed my hair and felt nice and clean from working in the garden. 
Then, the office got another look at after I opened the house again and turned on the television.  I put a whole lot of things to look at in one bag, the stuff to be shredded next to the shredder, my life history stuff with the rest of my life history stuff by the door, lined up my handbags that can't be hung up and saved a few things I had missed.  
Then, while I was booting up the computer, I began doing out the desk a little starting with the section to my right.  It was good look into it all after so long... I found so much there!  And now, it's time to go after an afternoon of tidying up this part of the house.  
I still have a long way to go with cleaning up.  It's an on-going process and I still have to throw out a lot too.  Wish me luck in this as I do in your Spring Clean and tidy up.  Until next time, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment