Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tuesday Afternoon Tidy-Up

Today, I spent my morning on here and found my TSB was on the Urban Smart Projects site... what thrill it is to get that kind of recognition!  I also talked to a friend of mine on Facebook who was home from work sick as his back was killing him... not a good thing for anyone.

Well, once I had uploaded a photo onto 365 project and checked all my mail about three times, then harvested a few things on Farmville (God, that's a cute little game!), I jumped offline and decided to get into some tidying up.  The very first thing I did was take a few photos of what I wanted to get tidied up.  Another first was, I thought, some music would be good.  So, I put on Santana's 'Moonflower' vinyl that I bought a few weeks ago for $20 at Rockaways and it played wonderfully!  I loved it!  It made dusting and cleaning around the television and stereo that much more fun because I had a beat to go to.

Then, once everything was back in place, I noted down what I had dusted and then got back into it.  The next thing was the storage unit under the stairs.  I put all my unfinished paintings into it and pulled out two empty boxes that went straight in to the wheelie bin for the pick-up tomorrow morning.  Once all that was packed away neatly, I had a clean hallway to the kitchen.  I used the dust buster and vacuumed all the dirt and dust off the floor and skirting and it looked better.
Then, I tossed out two weeks' worth of weekend papers!  Yep, I had accidentally kept the last two weeks of Sunday Mail without meaning to.... oops!  Oh well, it all went in the bin very quickly; along with an
empty tissue box and a broken seat cushion from my kitchen chairs (it's one of the types you buy and tie to your chairs from Sam's Warehouse... not too expensive; just worn out).  Once that was done, I found that I had pulled out a Bunnings canvas bag I had bought some where along the line from the storage unit.  Well, I moved everything that I was going to give to a charity into that bag and found I had more space in that bag and had obtained one of my green bags back!  How good is that?  So, now, I can give more in one go instead of using up all my shopping bags.
Well, that's all I got done this afternoon; as this morning, before I got on the computer, I had done three loads of washing and had to pull it in.  By this time it was 4pm and a good few hours of work had been done.  So far, I'm pleased with my progress of tidying up.  But as I look around myself here in the home office, I'm finding this place a little too messy for what I want it for.  So, this place might be next on my list.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations - well done!
    I bet you feel better now :D

    ReplyDelete