Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My Garden! - Phase One

Yesterday afternoon, Mum, Dad and I went out to Bunnings to pick up supplies for my garden re-vamp.  I bought 4 bags of potting mix, 3 new pots and I looked around for a statue (but they were all chipped and looked like crap).  Then, I found a nice little Chinese Happy Plant and added that to the cart and looked around for solar lights to put into the yard.  
There were such a variety of lights!  We had a good look at all the styles and how many for how much and what they were made with... wow!  I didn't know there was so much to it!  But I made my final decision and bought some white, stainless steel ones for around $15.00 and added them to the cart.
Once we made our final decisions on all the things we wanted, we made our way to the checkouts and separated out our purchases so we could pay our ways.  My purchases came to a little under $100.  Thankfully, I had a budget of $130.  I pulled out the cash and was so pleased with what I had bought!  This is the first big purchase I had made on my own, ever!  We got it all back to my place and locked it away in the back courtyard until this morning when I potted all the plants I had bought last Saturday; and also repotted some of the plants that needed repotting badly!
I love gardening as it's so satisfying.  It makes the place look refreshed and pretty.  Also, it's a great use of money and time in your yard.  This is phase one of my garden revamp.  In about a month or so, I'll upload phase two.
Where all the potting mix usually sits until I need to use it.

One of the more expensive purchases... and it was something Mum pointed out.

Two other pots Mum pointed out and I loved ... we chose the colours.
A Happy Bamboo Plant... I've always loved these...:)



Freshly-potted new plants... but the round pot at the back is old.


Freshly repotted Basil... hopefully it'll grow properly now. :)
I'm looking forward to the next few months where I'll be going out and buying more things for the yard.  I still need another three large pots to repot some Aloe Vera, my Frangipanni, and a small-leaf jade... otherwise, until then, I'll need to save up big.  But it won't be long before I'll be back at Bunnings and buying another lot of things for this yard and updating you all on my garden again.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment