Saturday, April 7, 2012

Big Home Office Clean Out - Part 2

Yep, today was part two of my office clean out.  Who would have thought that a tiny home office would take so long to tidy up?  Not me, that's for sure!  I came upstairs with my camera and phone and looked around at the fourth bookcase and took a quick few photos of it and got to work. 
This bookcase is situated right by the window and air-conditioner.  So, I decided to be brutal and just put everything that was in the way out in the hall until I needed it; and this included the books that were in the four 'green bags'.  I pulled everything off the top of the bookcase and used my office chair and desk to put all the notebooks... big and small... until I was ready to sort through them.
Grandpa's desk was also sorted through, and used to store some of my more bulky stationery sets.  Then, I sorted out the A4 stationery and the smaller A5 stationery and then the envelopes into their own categories and put them into their own sections side by side on the top of the desk; where they were before, but better organised.  Then, I used one of the empty 'milk crate things' for all my writing magazines and placed that next to those; and that desk was fully organised.

It took me another half an hour to organise the books on the top shelf of the fourth bookcase and cleaning up the dust with one of my dusters while the air-con cleared the office out.  Even though I sneezed a lot the place began looking better after I threw out lots of old, yellowed typing paper, un-needed things and booklets that I had ordered through the mail that I read but never used.  Each time I threw something in the bin, there was a little bit more space on the floor and around me; and I felt better and more unburdened by my junk, knowing it'll be leaving me soon.
I didn't know it would take me this long to clean up my home office.  However seeing I've been living here for a decade in September, and I'm 40 next year (yeah, I'm not worried about my age or turning that number), I think it's time my house reflected a little bit of order and tidiness that's needed in my life.  As you've seen, I've cleaned out the art area and been keeping the kitchen nice and clean; and my garden is beginning to have some money put into it.  Now, it's the rest of my house's turn.  There's going to be a lot of time put into cleaning and tidying up this place, making it look and work the way I want it to.  It will take time and effort.  There will be a lot of hour put into making sure I don't go back to leaving things on the floor and I'm hoping to get it the way I want it, however it's going to be hard.  I have noticed as I've begun doing this, it's a lot harder than I thought to get a room to a point where the floor has nothing in the way of the bookcases; and this is what I want.  However, keeping it that way is going to be that tough part.  Until my next post, take care, keep warm and safe and remember, I'm always here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment