Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Donating to Charities

I have been buying things from Life Line - and other charity stores for years.  Now it's time for me to give back.  Actually, I give back plenty.  Mum and I often make runs to the Endeavour Foundation to donate a lot of things we don't need around our houses but are useful for other people who don't have anything.  It makes me feel good too.
Last week, the massive Life Line Warehouse in Woolloongabba burnt down and they lost the lot; mainly furniture.  And just after they asked for help on Triple M here in Brisbane, I phoned up and offered up my old television and HD box along with the remotes, books and cords to them both.  This is so somebody else could have a chance to watch digital television like everyone else.

Today, the guys came buy to pick them up - along with the cabinet the tv sat on.  However, they nearly missed me.  They drove through, turned the last corner and didn't come down to my end; instead turning around to leave.  But really, they couldn't find my unit. So, I followed them up and they came back and found me.  Now, the television, HD Box and cabinet are all gone to a better place; to people who I know will use it.  And if they don't and it gets thrown out, well, I guess that's how it all goes.  
I was told by the guy who came inside and looked at the appliances that normally they don't take my type of televisions.  This is mainly because people can pick them up for a few dollars in second-hand stores; but he'd take it off my hands anyway, seeing it's in good condition and a nice set.  
I'm so pleased I have more space now in my lounge room.  Now, I can do more with the area.  What have you given away to charity in the past where others have let your appliances, clothes or other things live on again; instead of having to throw them in the bin and add to landfill. Well, until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment