Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Let's Get Physical!

No... I don't mean like that.  I mean like Olivia Newton-John's famous song from the 1980's where she was jumping around in her form-fitting leotard doing aerobics.  
Now, I'm back on my feet, I've been turning my average walk to the post office into a morning walk to get myself into shape.  It's not that I wasn't before, it's because I've been sitting on my butt for the last month with my left foot up on the coffee table waiting patiently for one of my little toes to heal;  for it to stop throbbing each time I bumped it just a little.  
So, as of last Thursday, I began walking further than just across the road and back.  I went up to the corner of Moss Street, crossed over, and back down to the Slacks Creek Post Office, checked the mail and then kept on walking down to the lights on Park Road, crossed over there to my side of the road and walked back up to the unit complex.  This takes around 10 minutes while I have music playing on my iTouch.  Yep, this is one of the reasons why I wanted this thing; to get into shape with it - and why I'm also charging this thing with all the music I love from the iTunes store and my cd collection.
I'm only going to walk five days a week and leave weekends to catch up on being lazy and sleep in.  Otherwise, I'll get into my garden and yoga on Saturday and Sunday.  And seeing I'll be doing heavy lifting on those days, I think it'll be a good deal for me.  It's kind of like cross-training without going to a gym but using things around me to train up and get healthy.  I'm even beginning to eat lunch again after about 5 - 6 years of skipping that particular meal because I haven't got anything to work towards.
So, what do you do to keep yourself in shape?  Do you keep to a routine, or do you mix it up a bit?  What do you love to eat that keeps you healthy; and what's your Achilles' Heel in the food world?  Is it chocolate, Coke-a-cola, cake and biscuits or.... is it a lot worse than that?  For me, it's Chiko Rolls!  Yep, I love these things!  They gotta be freshly fried too!  Anyway, gotta go, have things to get done while the sun's shining.  Until my next post, take care, keep warm and safe and remember, I'm always here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment