Sunday, April 29, 2012

Tidy-Up Sunday

It's been three days since I got in and cleaned up the house.  And yesterday seemed to slump by because it poured rain all day without rest; also I found on Friday night that I lost half of my free-to-air digital channels all in one hit by around 9pm.  This meant that all the channels that are owned by Channel 10 (10, 11, 1 and 12) were gone from my television and non-existent.  And it was another 24 hours before I realised I had lost all the ABC channels as well (these are:  ABC1, 2, 3 and 4 as well as 24 - the fulltime news channel).  So, when I wanted to watch 'The Simpsons', I couldn't - or 'Happy Days' or any other shows on 11.  
However, I was stuck with movies on the channel 7 and 9 networks; and they were okay, but not what I had planned to watch; and this brought me down.  I really wanted to watch the shows on my new flatscreen television and couldn't.  So, I called up Dad and we put our heads together and called Mr Antenna up to book a technician tomorrow afternoon to see what they could do about it all.  Fortunately, I'll be home; and hopefully I'll be able to watch the shows I've planned to watch tomorrow night - such as 'Supernatural', 'Touch' and 'Dr Who', which are all on the channels I am currently unable to watch.

Otherwise today, I spent my morning - until around 11am - tidying up my house (as I said).  I put out the gardening tools into the shed in my carport, put away the shopping trolley (with its bags inside it), did three loads of laundry - only to have to bring in 90% of it because it began to rain.  I found all the jackets and hats I've worn over the last 3 days and brought them upstairs to put away along with the rest of the shopping that needs to be put into the bathroom.  After that, I went back downstairs, wrapped up the ball of wool and needles I wasn't currently using and put them into the bag next to my lounge and made sure I had picked up all the bits of tissue, plastic bags and dockets off the lounge and put them away.  Then, I put away the user's manual for my television where it was normally stored and found all the remote controls for the dvd player, television and stereo system and put them on the coffee table so I could find them easily.  Once this was all done, I looked around, and found the lounge was a lot tidier than it was twenty minutes before!  Yay!  I had cleaned up my lounge room in record time!  All I need to do now is vacuum it and it'll be done for the week!  I'm so pleased with myself.

There is still some things to clean out in the lounge room to make it better and easier to use.  I still wish to have this room less cluttered-looking than it is as a lot of my visitors feel as though they're dodging around things when they visit; and even I do at times. And when I was walking around with my broken toe, I found getting around with the walking stick harder than I thought it was going to be.  So, I must make this room a better place to be in and make it look just as lovely as well.  This is going to take time to accomplish; but I can do it.  Well, until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment