Sunday, April 22, 2012

Very Sad News

This morning, I was sleeping in because it was a nice cool morning to do sleep, when I received a phone call from Mum.  Uncle Allan had passed away in his sleep at the QEII Hospital in the Palliative Care Unit last night.  He hadn't been there very long and they took such good care of him as well.
I'm grateful he didn't suffer and went in his sleep; as I was told by Mum that the nurse informed her that they checked on him at around 4am and he was sleeping peacefully; then went back 10 minutes later and checked on him again and he had quietly slipped away on them.

Uncle Allan was a favourite Uncle in our family.  He was always wonderfully generous and friendly.  He was a very giving man as well.  He helped me get over a bad relationship and was always there to talk to when I needed him.  It's always sad to lose a much-loved relative of the likes of an uncle.  Uncle Allan will be missed by everyone in our family; particularly his house where we had many-a party of all kinds!  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

2 comments:

  1. is so sorry to hear about your lost of a family member.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your condolences. I will miss him very much. However, as with some families, we have infighting happening already. I wish this didn't occur everytime we had somebody pass away; as it makes it that much harder to organise the service for them.

      Delete