Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Stood Up!

Yesterday wasn't the best day to do my laundry; however it seems that today is!  Oh well, can't win 'em all.  I just thought to pop in and let you guy know how it went yesterday afternoon after all that cleaning, tidying up and running around I did for my afternoon appointment of wine-tasting.  Actually, what wine tasting?  The guy stood me up!
The kitchen table was cleaned up, washing up was done, rubbish was put out, the floors were swept, the laundry was brought in (finally) and put onto the clothes horse at long last, the lounge room tidied up and Little Miss Stevie's feathers were vacuumed up with the dust-buster.  I sat down at 3:25pm and picked up my knitting and began eating my afternoon tea.  I was starving!  By 4pm, they hadn't arrived and I hadn't received a phone call letting me know they were going to be late.  Then, 4:30pm rolled around and I decided to get dinner ready and I began cutting up the vegetables for Ratatouille and put the oven on.  Another hour and a half past.  It was dark outside, I had pulled the curtains, put Little Miss Stevie's covers most of the way over her cage and closed up the back of the house and still there hadn't been a call or anything from this wine-tasting guy.  So, I had a clean house and no wine-taster coming around.  Damn.  This company was a good one that normally gave out gifts; even if you didn't buy any vino off them.  
Well, at least I have a clean house.  What bugged me was that he didn't call me about being late or unable to make it.  However, I'm betting that he's got his days mixed up and wrote me down for today and not yesterday; and he'll show up today.  Oh well, better late than never.  Have you ever had this kind of thing happen?  I know mine is just a mix-up, but if I wasn't going to be home today - which I am - he would have a few problems.  
And I should have done my laundry today as the sun's out, there's barely a cloud in the sky and there's a great breeze out there - nice and strong and cool enough to dry anything on a clothes line.  Darn!  I should have waited for today.  Well, today, I have the day to myself until tomorrow when I'm off to Garden City to look for something for a friend's birthday and then to the Chiropractor's and Mum and Dad's place to drop off the mail.  It'll be a long day, but not too long, and I'll be traveling light enough to be able to catch the bus home.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment