Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Big Tidy-Up Returns!

For one reason or another, I didn't quite finish the Big Tidy-Up this year.  I think it was because it was the weather; and how cool it became.  So, it's now come back and I'm into it again.

This morning, I got into my housework early with the laundry being hung out by 9:30am.  Then, I gathered together the newspaper from last week, junkmail from the PO Box and the street letterbox and a pile of books from the Children's Book Cull from earlier in the year that has been sitting around the place for the last 5 months and tossed it all in the wheelie bin.  Then, I put away my shopping trolley, vacuum cleaner and shoes too. 
Then, I turned to the kitchen table and gathered up the paper from today and tossed it onto the floor next to the garage door (ready to be tossed out at the end of the week) and then sorted out the empty envelopes, dead batteries from the digital camera and cleaned down the table with a damp washing up cloth and gumption.  Once it was clean enough, I gave the table a wipe down - as well as the chairs and folded up the kitchen towels and put them away.
The washing up was next.  I washed up everything except two pots with wooden spoons.  Why?  Well, they had to soak for a bit.  Then there was the cutlery from this morning that I forgot to wash up.  Otherwise, the cupboard doors are clean, the bench is clean and the rubbish was taken out from the last few days.  There's still a lot to do around the house; as per usual.  I have laundry to put away, paintings to store, books to find places for and dusting to get into (and believe me, there's dust in places in this townhouse that you wouldn't believe there is!).  So, until my next post about The Big Tidy-Up, get into your Spring Cleaning and let us know what you've done to jump into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment