Sunday, August 8, 2010

Boring Television

Isn't it interesting when you've had a day fiddling around the house, reading, on the computer and playing around with your pets, you finally eat dinner and want to rest up in front of the Idiot Box and find that there's absolutely nothing worthwhile to look at... you've seen all the movies before.  You can actually remember how they end and why you didn't like them; or you've got them on dvd and you've seen them fifty times... so why watch it again?
So, what do you do?  Your pet's not interested in you anymore, so you can't annoy it because it's either going to bite you or scratch you.  You can't play loud music because you'll either wake the kids, your neighbours or you'll be too hyped up to go to bed.  And just when you think you've got it all figured out, you jump on the net to find it's offline... not your modem:  your broadband.  So, you call up Tech Support, they fiddle around for a while and you end up where you started again (because you ISP people aren't trained to use your type of modem; how ridiculous!).  And to rub salt into that particular wound, you also find that when you go to call your friends, you don't have a dial tone!  This lasts for around 15 minutes until the tech Guy you spoke to actually hangs up from your call... pretty stupid, but it's happened to you before.
This is what happened to me late yesterday... not fun.  I couldn't get on the net until this morning.  And you know, it's when I begin a new blog or do something really important that I have to wait some time for and my internet falls apart or the modem blows up... I tell ya, my electronics know when I'm inspired to do something incredible and fun!  They know when to expire on me; costing me hundreds of dollars.
Last night had me sitting there on the lounge watching 4 episodes of 'Moonlight'... but I'm not complaining; it's a great show.  Pity they did only one series of it and there was a writers strike in the middle of sending it over this way when it was on television.  But now I have it, I can watch it at my own pace... and I love the hot Aussie guy in it!  He's better than Edward any day.

Well, that was my Saturday night.  By the time I went to bed, there was some dork playing really loud music somewhere out there in the dark.  People were still walking around the place in the cold; and I was hoping to get to sleep soon.
I was woken up by my shower leaking, my neighbours doing their laundry (again!  They did it yesterday morning at sparrowfart too!) and then they went out at 7am!  So, I got up and got into doing my laundry when I could actually see the sun above the horizon.  Not that I'm complaining; it'd be nice to be able to sleep in one the weekends at some point that's all.

Well, there's always tomorrow.

Until my next post, keep warm - or cool - whatever your case may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment