Sunday, August 1, 2010

Saturday Night Coffee With Family

Well, it looks like my Saturday nights are turning into a time to be with my family; and that's good for me.  I was invited to hang out with at Mum and Dad's place while my brother and his girlfriend fixed up their first major luxury purchase:  a beautiful, big cappuccino machine!  And what a machine!  Gabe received it the other night and had to figure out how to get it working; so brought it down to our folks' place to work on it.  
After around 45 minutes while we waited for it to heat up to the right temperature - and the sun dipped below the horizon, turning the balmy day into a cool night - and after a little trial and error, Gabe and Kat poured their first coffees from the machine.  It was a mild kind of brew; but lovely. 
Personally, I like a touch of sugar in mine and so I found it a little bitter to taste.  But still, it was better than most coffees I've had while out and about.  
But the night didn't end there!

Gabe had to wait for the machine to cool off before packing it away.  So, we all stuck around to have dinner together; this is where he really shines.  Gabe's a fantastic cook!  He made a brilliant mushroom pasta that was to die for!  When it came up to serve, he asked how hungry I was (and believe me, it was 8pm and I hadn't eaten since around 3pm of a piece of raisin toast) and so he gave me a good large serving; which I vacuumed up.  It was the most delicious meal I've eaten in a long time.  And Gabe had used organic spaghetti to cook with; which tastes a lot different to the opaque dried varieties you see normally in the shops.  When Mum looked over at my neatly cleaned up plate, she said: 'Oh no, your sister didn't like it at all.' at which I replied: 'No, it was dreadful.'
From there we talked about how much Gabe like food when he was a baby and other topics that were hilariously funny... like my innate fear of needles that began at a young age to exactly what happened for me to run into the front screen door when I was four years old that resulted with me getting a piece of wire stuck in my forehead and four stitches once the doctors removed it.  Both Gabe and I had the same story; when Mum said told a different one.  It was a good and funny night; one where Riley learnt a lot about our childhood (and that I remembered something from that too; which is rare, but good).
Then, I introduced Riley to Farmville - a game on Facebook - and Picnik - a photography editing site online - and she loved them both!  She showed me Mini-Clip which is a site of small games that you can take part in and enjoy for nothing.  But by this time it was getting late and I had to get on home; as I needed to get to sleep.

Once home, Dad came in and found I had cleaned my house up and he checked on the computer (I had taken the side off it to clean one of the fans and couldn't get it back on; and in frustration, I gave it good hard shove and it looked like it was on, but I didn't know until he checked).  He looked at it and said it was fine and said the house looked good.  I said the only place that needed work was the kitchen; but I could catch up with that today.  He reckoned if I kept it up just tidying once a week or so, I could keep it like this.  Dad was amazed at how good it looked compared to other days he's seen it.
So, that was my Saturday... and today started out strangely as I had forgotten to set my alarm for 6am.  So, I had to take two of my meds close together.  Otherwise, I'm going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment