Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Good Day To Stay Home

As the title says: it was a good day to stay home; truly it was.  The wind was chilly, the temperature was low and I had to don my leather gloves to go out and about anywhere.  And the places Mum and I went were the nutritionist and the dentist.
Over at Sunnybank, I was given a clean bill of health by Holly Frail; who told me that my diet as a vegetarian is very good.  All I needed to do was eat a little more for lunch (seeing I don't actually have lunch due to my medications keeping my appetite away); otherwise, I'm doing everything else right.  She also gave me a few recipes to try out too... and they all sounded brilliant!
Mum and I broke out of usual routine of good healthy food and grabbed some Hungry Jacks on the way home... it was lovely to eat something and not feel horrible about it.  All too soon, it was time to take off to the dentist where I was told my teeth were in great health.  Peter Caswell told me that I had a little wear mark on a tooth I was worried about; otherwise my teeth were in good shape.  All they needed was a good clean by the hygienist and for me to back off using Biotene for a little while.  I'm so pleased the cavities are going away and my teeth are getting better; and so is he... not to mention Mum and Dad!

Well, I got home tonight and made myself a lovely pasta dish and I could still taste the paste Peter put on the wear mark on my tooth - it tasted like bananas - otherwise, it was a slow night in the way of programs on the television.  I watched a repeat of 'Lie To Me' and then put on an episode of 'Moonlight'.... a very cool vampire show I used to watch.  Such a pity they only made on series of it!
I'm off to bed now.  I hope tomorrow is better than today; then Mum and I can finish the TSB and send the box back to Clayfield.  Well, good night all.  Until my next post, take care and keep warm - or cool - whatever your case may be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment