Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Halfway Through

Well, it's Wednesday, a pay day, better known as the hump of the week, halfway through and on the way to the end of the week... one more day then it's Friday and then... the weekend.  For me, today was horrible.  I was going well until I decided to get out of bed; then I became little miss forgetful and absent-minded!
I went on Farmville to check on a few things and buy a cottage (at last the place is looking like a proper farm!).  My next plan on there is to get a barn and a dairy farm going.  But I have to have eight neighbours or 20 Farmville Dollars.  So, I think I'll ask one more person to be my neighbour and have it done with, then save up big to get my barn.  Then, I'll be happy.  I don't wish to extend my farm or anything drastic as I like to play the game, but you gotta remember it's just a game.
Anyway, I lost track of time... as you do when you play something like this.  And well, I raced around and got myself to the bus stop with minutes to spare.  But when I arrived at the shops, I found I didn't have my mobile phone or any money in the account I was supposed to.  No worries, I used a public phone... which can be dangerous (unless you call somebody straight afterwards and then the phone loses the buffer of who you called before which was in my case the bank).  However, whenever it came to transferring the funds the automated service screwed up every time... I asked for $250.00 and it thought I typed in $2,500.00.  It did this three times before I hung up on it and lost my dollar coin!  Then, I realised I could have just dialed for an operator and to help me they could have walked me through it.  Silly me... but I didn't want my banking details sent out into the public forum of a shopping complex while I was on the footpath on my pay day.  So, in all seriousness, I think I did the right thing.  Before leaving that phone, I called my Mum and reminded her that the box of TSB stuff was arriving and that we'd need to get onto a time and date of painting soon.
I ended up going to Woolworths and buying my chocolate - and that was it! - and then finding nothing in Life Line (thankfully) that I was interested in.  Then, I walked up to K-Mart Plaza, to the bank and transferred the money manually, and put in my complaint to the people there about how lousy Phonebanking was today.  The lady at the bank sympathised and said that sometimes it does that; but we can't do anything about it, even if the customer does the right things.
After the bank, I paid off a layby at Woodys', bought some bird seed for Stevie (but couldn't find a swing for her in her size), then went to the chemist and got my Tegritol and some Iron/Folate pills.  Then, did my grocery shopping; which included my fruit'n'veggies too.  I even bought myself a new magazine about birds and how to keep them healthy.  I'm hoping to learn more about how to make sure Stevie stays well as she gets older so I don't lose her suddenly because of something stupid I've done that could have been prevented.
Anyway, I got home in one piece and the cab driver knew my unit complex too (which is always a relief).  I unpacked my goods, put them away and went and checked the mail at the post office to find a small parcel had arrived of an envelope.  It was a coin purse from my friend on Bookcrossing and 365project, Chania!  She lives in Finland and had been holidaying in Crete and she bought it for me as a souvenir... how lovely and thoughtful of her!  So, I unwrapped it and used it straight away by putting my milk money into it on the way to the shop.  I bought my milk and slotted my change into the purse and found it was just the right size for any amount.  Not too big and not too small... just right.  I will most definitely use it again soon!

Well, that was my day.  I'd like to play the piano, but I'll see how this headache is.  I've had it since early this morning and it seems to just niggle.  Truthfully, I think it's eye strain from knitting with black wool... well, until my next post, keep warm - or cool - whatever your case may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment