Friday, August 13, 2010

It's Friday!

Another week has traveled by and a lot of things were done, a lot of things were left until next time and I found that I needed more hours in a day.  But don't we all?

Today, I hung about on here and uploaded a lovely photo of a Blue-faced Honeyeater.  And what a pretty bird it is!  It's on 365project.  My photo from yesterday made it onto the Popular page!  Sometimes my photos do that... other times they don't.  But I'm not into this for the competition, I just enjoy sharing great photos with people across the globe.
Then, I had a nice hot shower and washed my hair.  It was needing a wash and I was freezing.  So, I killed two birds with one stone and am feeling great.  I also sat outside in the lovely warm Winter sunlight to dry my hair as I read 'Cloud Atlas' and I've read up to page 157; at last count I was up to page 120.  So, I'm getting somewhere with it at long last!  So long I read in the afternoons for about an hour or so and before I go to bed for around the same time, I'll knock over this book quickly.  Then I'll be able to read another one soon.
My Mt. TBR is really getting out of hand; and it's all my fault for wanting to read so many great books all in the one year... even with Clifford following my progress, I'm finding it hard to keep myself to a tight schedule of reading in the afternoons or before bed.  I end up turning out the light after midnight and then wondering if I could finish just one more chapter of that new book I just bought... silly really.

At around 3pm, I jumped on the piano and practiced for around 40 minutes.  I really gotta get back into some serious practice and re-learn some older stuff as well as some new techniques on the keyboard.  In the next few months, I'll be looking at getting some info off the net about the theory of piano and how to do improv; as I was never really taught how to do that.

Now, I'm back on here to update a few things before jumping off, watching the 4:30pm news and preparing dinner (whatever it might be, I'm not sure... I'm never sure until I look in the fridge).  But I'll have a snack to keep away the cravings of junkfood tonight.  
This weekend, I'm hoping to work on the TSB again; and finish it this time.  It will be a lot easier once the drawings are up there and we get the painting of the flowers done.  Then, I'll sit down and do the stalks and leaves.  They won't take long either.  Let's just hope and pray that it hasn't been tagged... I don't want to have to repaint the background again.
Well, during this weekend, I'll be getting the house tidied up, dusting done, laundry put away and washing put outside.  I'll also need to get into some serious reading.  This does mean time away from the computer and my nose in a book for a good part of the afternoons.  I've only read 10 books this year; nowhere near enough my usual quota.  Well, until my next post, keep warm - or cool - whatever your case may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment