Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sleepless In Brisbane

Well, I never thought this would happen to me for any other reason except that my meds were keeping me awake.  Since Friday night, I've had nothing but bad nights' sleeps; and it was from other things outside my control.
On Friday night, I visited a wonderful friend of mine who was moving out of the complex.  We've been friends for around five years and we both like each other a lot; and on Friday night, he asked me not to go home, to stay with him.  I didn't stay the night; but I was tempted.  I haven't been in a relationship for a very long time and knew he wouldn't push if I said no that night.  He did promise to stay in touch and I said I didn't wish to lose him again (last time he left here he disappeared from my life for a long time).  I got home on Friday night and went to bed; but didn't sleep for a long time.
Saturday was a day of keeping busy on the net, photographing things and I caught up with my friend.  We chatted about the night before and we were more relaxed around each other; which is better than how we were before.
That afternoon, I jumped back on the net and stuffed around, talked to a few friends and then edited a story or two before getting off the computer and then practiced the piano at around 4pm.  It was only for 20 minutes or so, but it felt good to get back into it again.  I made dinner and before I knew it, it was dark outside and a friend of mine called me (Nick) and we caught up with two weeks' worth of news.  It was good to hear from him again after missing each other's calls for so long.  Then, I watched three episodes of 'Moonlight' on dvd and went to bed after a shower.
Today, I bought the paper and found I had two 'Escape' sections in it; this is why it was thicker than the other papers... oh well, I still got charged the same amount: $2.00.  I washed up a little after breakfast and did some laundry that really needed to be done.  Then, Mum called to see if I was okay.  I said I was and she said that I might have been out on a date.  I assured her I wasn't - and hadn't been - and told her what happened on Friday night.  What a mistake!  She went into a spiel about how set in my ways I am and how it could all go wrong.  Well, after about 20 minutes, I said to her that she's blown it all out of proportion.  My friend didn't ask me to move into a house with him, marry him or anything else.  He asked me to stay the night.  I wonder about my Mum sometimes.  Does she want me to be single for the rest of my life?  She told me about a friend of hers who's got a man in her life but they live in separate houses; and they're happy.  Well, that may have worked for them, but a lot of the times when you'd like to be with somebody - or get to know somebody - it does take time (and a lot of sleepless nights).  Why my Mum jumps to conclusions about my life and nobody else's is beyond me.  Yeah, I've had a rough time, but I'm okay now.  I think it'd be nice to share my life with somebody who wants me in theirs.


Well, that's my weekend at the moment.  It's getting onto lunch time.  The laundry is still out on the line and sun is still out warming the day.  Spring is almost here... thank goodness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment