Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday, Windy, Friday

I've been busy today and out in the cold and wind as well to visit Mum and Dad.  Mum's been home from the hospital for a few days now and she's going well; however Dad needs help with the housework and I was asked to go and help them with it.  So I rugged myself up at 9am this morning and bussed it over there.
I worked on the bathroom and then washed the kitchen and dining room floors and took a break and then Dad jumped in and did their bedroom floor; which hurt his back (this is the reason why I was asked to go there and I had to tell him to stop working and to give me the vacuum to make him sit down).  
Once I got all of that done, I uploaded a photo onto 365 Project and looked at a few sites I normally jump onto during the day and had a drink of my coffee drink.  I also brought along a collection of Christmas Ornaments for Mum to look through so she can send them on their way through the Bookcrossing Ornament Exchange - and not miss out - as she had put her name down on it the list.  She loved them all, but I let her have the first pickings of them.  I had put them into the large secret book I had gotten for my birthday last week and she loved how pretty it was.  
Anyway, we had lunch and kicked back in the warmth of the house with the new air-con that had been installed.  And then, I stuck around while Dad went to the doctors.  While he was gone, I Googled a few things and Mum had a snooze in her lounge.  It nice and quiet for the hour we had together.  And then, I photographed a few things I had spotted when I walked inside; and then I packed my bag quickly.  The next thing I knew, Dad was back and I was ready to go home.

Tonight, it's been noisy around the complex.  A party was going but it's since quietened down.  I put out my recycling - as the recycling truck had come in and collected all the bins this time around - and then I put out the normal rubbish tonight.  People were yelling and yahooing around the place; which is unusual because this place is normally so quiet on Friday nights.  And then, just about half an hour ago, we had one of the back units have an all-out domestic fight.  People were screaming, doors slammed and it echoed around this place loudly disturbing the usual peace that everyone is accustomed to.  It's since silenced, but I'm still on edge a bit because I know it'll happen again.  Well, until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

1 comment:

  1. Our new neighbours had their share of family domestic happening for the past month. One time it happened in the middle of the night and woke all of us up. But most of the time it happens during the day between an ADHD kid and his mum. Only today I spotted the same kid wasn't at school. I assume he was expelled from enrollment as I don't see this kid in school uniform much.