Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Summery Spring Day

This morning, I woke to a nice cool morning and not wanting to get out of bed; so I hit the snooze button and went back to sleep.  It felt so nice not having to be somewhere today.  I have no appointments this week, so I more or less have the week to myself - unless you count shopping day.  But really, it's going to be a quick day out where I do another half-shop because I still have a bit of food here.

Anyway, today is one very hot day for Spring.  The mercury has climbed to almost 30 degrees Celsius and I'm trying to keep cool.  Everyone's done the laundry and most of it is all hanging out on the clothes lines around the places.  My hand washing is still on the clothes horse inside because it's almost dry and the day I did it it looked like rain.  So, I don't see much use in it being hung outside today.
I've still got a bit to do around the place before the week is out.  There's the recycling to put out - if I can fit it in the over-flowing recycling bin, because the guys from JJ Richards didn't come and collect it last Friday - and then, there's weeds to pull in my back yard, the laundry to put away from the other day, the bag from Brighton to still finish unpacking, the shopping list to complete (that won't take long) and then the rubbish bin to put out later tonight.  By the time I go to bed, I'll have everything ready for tomorrow and then all I have to do is take off to The Big Apple and do my fruit and veggie shopping and then come home, unpack and go to the bus.  No problems.  I try to get that done very early so the day isn't so long.

What I would like to get done today is put away the books sitting next to me, some reading, some painting, washing up from breakfast, sweep out the car port, and cleaning up the bedroom as much as I can.  I hope I get it all done before the afternoon disappears on me.  Isn't it funny how there's the same hours in a day as there used to be when we were kids, but yet they just seem to zip by faster the older we get?  Strange that, eh?  Well, until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment