Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tuesday Morning Walk

This morning, I was up at 7am - nice and early - dressed and out in the yard to be greeted by the lovely chickens who all came running down from the coop clucking happily to see me!  They're such funny little things!  I always get the giggles when I see them doing that and I've only been here a few days.
After cleaning out the coop and feeding them, I looked around for Jay, but couldn't find her.  I called her name and searched high and low, but still couldn't find her.  So, I went about making her breakfast really noisily; but still, there was no Jay to be seen.  I went looking for her again... and found her up the back beyond the rent-a-fence.  Cheeky dog.
Well, we went next door and was greeted at the front gate by Watson the Intillectual Cat.  He had come looking for me to feed him... he was starving; poor little guy.  Watson raced ahead of me and showed me his plate and that it was empty.  So, I promptly filled it up, gave him a good pat and he meowed his appreciation.  Good little cat.  Jay and I came back home and I then fed Little Miss Stevie and finally myself.

By the time 8:30am came around I was ready to go for a walk and Jay was excited to see that she was coming along!  I pulled on my sneakers, closed up the house, grabbed the map that was printed out by Katrina and we were off! It took us around 20 minutes to get there and the place wasn't open yet.  So, I looked through the windows until they opened the doors and I tied Jay to the nearest post and took a good walk through, looked at the massive amount of books, clothes, kitchen items and found a huge set of size 10 knitting needles with both ends in tact.  So, I bought them for .50c.  Not a bad buy if you ask me.  I did see a teapot set but they had priced each piece separately... so I thought to leave it; it did look like it had been there for a while though.

Anyway, the day has turned out to be a lovely, windy, sunny one.  I'll be going out again at around noon to buy some milk, sugar and plain crackers at the convenience store.  These are the only things missing from the pantry at the moment; and the sugar is the one thing they took with them... when they went camping I needed. Oh well, it won't take much to replace it. Until me next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment