Saturday, May 3, 2014

Cooling Down

Autumn and Winter is certainly here, as the weather here in Brisbane cools down and none of us want to get out of bed in the morning.  And this is the first year into owning my nice new bed.

Now, for you followers who have been with me from the very beginning, you've seen my life change over a long period of time - particularly over the last year or so.  However, those of you who have only been here for the last year, it's been a really fast transformation of my life turning into something I want instead of settling on things I have sitting around.

As frustrating as life has been, I have turned 40 over the last year, and have noticed that I do deserve better in my life.  I deserve to have a comfortable, pretty bed to sleep in - and not a hand-me-down old bed that's uncomfortable.  So, for my 40th year on this planet, I bought myself a whole new bedroom suite.  It cost me almost $2,000 and I'm damn proud of making my bedroom feel nice and lovely and comfortable - as much as it's supposed to be - instead of a place where I don't really want to be at night.

My back yard has also been one of those places where I had to leave the big things go until I had my own set of wheels to get around in.  And last year was that year where it happened that my folks trusted me with a vehicle.  So, once I got myself behind the wheel of a car, I was sweet!  I fixed up my front garden and back garden and my place looked and felt like it really did belong to me, and I belonged to it.  I could - and can - relax in it and it's my little bit of paradise to enjoy.  It does need work still, but that's something I will get into once Winter is in full swing.

Then, I've begun a small hobby business.  This was one of the toughest things I have ever undertaken.  But I can't say it hasn't been fun.  In September last year, I started a Facebook page and it really just took off from there.  I opened a bank account, got business cards, looked into getting my butt into going to a market and then?  Once I did that, I found I could work on making my market stall better.  So, I did... I worked on buying tables, cheap fabric to use as table clothes and props and getting stuff made cheaply.  It was all done to a budget and I spent some major money on this thing... Crafty Pegs has really been a big thing for me to invest in.  But now, I'm just working on how much I have to get done towards the next market now and not investing in new things so much.

More recently, I've acquired a new car.  It's not brand new, but it looks like it.  Mum and Dad spotted this lovely little green Astra last week and, well, I loved it the moment I took it for a test drive!  Now, it's in my car port and I've been spending time cleaning it, vacuuming it washing it, adding things to it to make it more efficient and enjoying taking it for drives just to get used to it.  It's a gorgeous little thing and I love my car.  

Now, things are starting to cool down... cool down in the weather, as well as what's going on in my life.  I'm saving money for my car, for my Crafty Pegs business and for everything else I need in my life right now.  I'm spending less money, and just staying home and working on what I need to work on.  Not only is Winter coming here to Brisbane, but I'm also hibernating a little more in myself too... so I can get in and do more with my life.  I know that sounds silly, but really, I have everything I need in life.  I'm happy.  I have a lovely garden, a good little hobby business (which is going well too; even if the money side of it isn't as stable as I want it to be), and I have a new man in my life I've just begun seeing.  It's all new, fresh, lovely and sweet, like the crisp Autumn air as the sun rises in the morning....

...and you know?  I love it.  My life never used to be this calm.  I always had problems, dramas, something to keep me from doing something I wanted to do.  Now?  Now... I feel as though I can do everything I've wanted to do... go anywhere and be where I want to be and enjoy life like I used to when I was 20.  However, unlike when I was 20, I have settled down, I know more than I used to, I know I don't have to be in a rush and I know that life is to be enjoyed... life isn't the destination... it's the road you take that you enjoy.  And life is what you make it.  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

1 comment: