Saturday, May 10, 2014

Today...

Today it's Saturday - all day... and it's been a long day for me.

I woke at around 7am and didn't really go back to sleep.  I kinda just flirted with going back to sleep, when really my brain was acting like a child on Christmas Day... so I got up and going.

I had a book launch to be at and so I boiled 6 eggs while I ate breakfast.  Only 5 of them worked out... they're for a salad for tomorrow's lunch at Gabe and Kat's house.  This ought to be great!  I can't wait to be there.

But today, I was in the car, and out and about.  I had to get some money out of the bank.  I had to check the tyres on the car.  I had a few other things to do before going to Logan North Library... yep, I had to leave around 45 minutes early just to get these things done.

I got them done... and then I was off!  I was at Sanet Smit's book launch - her first! - and I loved it.  She had a gift to give away and did a reading - which got everyone to buy a copy of her book... so cool!

Then, after 2 hours, I was off again.  I went to Mum and Dad's place and found there was barely anywhere to park!  The Well-Being Centre down the road was having an Open Day - and so it was crowded around my folks' house.  We shuffled the cars around and I parked mine in the front yard where Dad and I fiddled with the left side mirror (as it still wasn't working right!).  Well, while he glued something, I kept feeling something crawling up the inside of my jeans... then I realised it was something big!

I shook my leg and jeans too ... and a massive big ant fell out onto my shoe!  It didn't stick around for long as it flew away!!! Eeewww! Ick! Ick! Ick!  Dad didn't see it... neither did Mum... but I did!  It was a huge ant!  Bigger than a Green Ant! And since Dad didn't see it, he didn't worry about it... but me?  I raced upstairs and wanted to know if it had any friends wandering around my jeans hem I didn't want to know about... and so did Mum.

Well, once we found that ant was on his own, I was okay... but I was careful about walking around on the lawn out the front.  And Dad had a careful and long look at the ants nests around the yard, saying he'd better have a better look at them all.

Not too long after this - and after figuring out how much petrol my car drinks (as it's been 2 weeks since it was bought), I decided to take off.  I had some things to do.  There was some charity stuff to drop off and some cds to buy at K-Mart.  I needed to burn some music for the car.  

And tomorrow is going to be a busy day... so tonight, I'm going to be making a very cool salad... a big one, but very cool one too. 
And speaking of tomorrow, what are you all up to?  Whatever you're doing for your Mums - here or in their memory - drive safely, take care of each other, love your Mum for now as you never know what's just around the corner that will change how you see them and how their lives will change.  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment