Monday, July 25, 2011

The Bedroom!

Wow!  I'm so tired!  And I did the easiest room of them all:  my bedroom.  Seeing I do most of my living in it, it didn't take long to clean out what needed to be cleaned out, kept or sent into a 'charity bag'.  I was online until around 11:30am when I shut it off hoping to get myself going and working on the second-last room of my townhouse... really I couldn't wait - seeing I'm on a roll - to get this done.
The vacuum was brought upstairs with the extension cord and the duster had its fluffy thing replaced with a new one and I grabbed the 3-step ladder and I was set the to do out the bedroom; starting with my chair.  Now, this chair is one of a pair that Mum and I are sharing. There's one at her place and one here; and both are in our bedrooms holding onto one thing or another.  Mine was mainly holding cushions, shirts I've been looking for since Summer and bandannas with cool patterns on them.  So, once they were cleared away, I put the chair in the office and poked at a large black rubbish bag that has been sitting behind it on the floor for about 2 years... yep, anything could be living in it by now!  However, nothing was; but I did put it out in the back yard to deal with it later on.
I grabbed the vacuum and plugged it in and then went over the floor, along the skirting and collected a lot of dirt and dust out of the carpet.  Then, I moved the old Singer Sewing Machine Cabinet and vacuumed under and around that and put it back.  The chair came back in and I put two orange cushions on it and put the boomerang pillow and other two cushions away in the linen closet (where all my sheets go normally).  
Up the top of my wardrobe after I cleaned it out
I then tackled the wardrobe; opening its doors wide and pulling up the ladder so I could get to the top level.  I found a lot of X-Rays and bags that were there in no particular order.  So, I pulled the whole lot down, wiped it over with the duster and put up only bags that I would use and wanted to keep.  All up, around three bags went in the bin (being unable to fix them) and another three went into the charity pile).  I put up all the large shoulder bags, back-packs and a cane bag up the top; along with the X-Rays back in the same spot where they were before.  Then, I put another Glo-Mesh in with my other ones and any other evening-type bags on a hook on the inside of the door (which were hanging off my bedroom door).  Two beach bags also went up the top which were just hanging off my linen closet too; making the place look and feel cleaner already!
Then, I moved the little bedside table and dusted and vacuumed around that, put it back and moved the bed and cleaned underneath it completely.  Once the bed was back in place, I did out the duchess by my bed and I found a lot of stuff I didn't need on that duchess; and a lot of dust.  Then, I went to the other duchess up against the wall next to the door and cleaned up all my jewellery - putting it away - before moving my boxes to the bed, wiping it down and then putting all back neatly.  All my jewellery was put away, all the receipts were picked up, looked through and sorted into shredable and binned.  I then put all the stuff that was going to a charity into a rubbish bag and emptied the rubbish bin into a fresh bag and unplugged the vacuum, wrapped up the extension cord and started putting things away.  Yep, this room was almost finished.  I found a place for my Robbie Burns horseshoe Mum gave me (in my office where he belongs - in amongst other writers) and then - once I had the hallway cleared of junk, rubbish and charity items, I went off out the back and sorted out that rubbish bag in the back yard... it had a large white sheet in it.  For what?  I'm not sure.  But I tossed it in the wash to clean it up seeing how musty it smelled and made use of the black rubbish bag.
So, that was my clean out of my bedroom.  It looks better, cleaner and must less dusty than before.  I've left the hardest room until last - my home office - which I'll be tackling over a few days as it will be difficult to do.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment