Sunday, July 24, 2011

No Rest For the Wicked!

Today, I thought I was going to have a nice relaxing day of reading the paper.  However, I ended up working with my big Spring Clean-out instead.  Before I did that, I went out and bought a newspaper; dropping in on some of my friends on the way.  I found out that Amy Winehouse was found dead in her flat in London and that Norway had another horrible tragedy that could have been avoided.  A nut job went on to a small island to a teen camp and killed 92 people while he was there.  What a waste!  And the survivors of what he's caused will be traumatised for a long time after this.
After breakfast, I finished cleaning out the bag of papers and receipts that I had sitting around, put out the bag of rubbish from it and then I jumped onto the internet for a few hours while I drank my home-made milk drink; just to chill out for a while before my afternoon of work.
Before I cleaned it out...

...and after I finished the floors.
At around midday, I turned off the computer and headed off downstairs to collect together some things for the bathroom; as that was the next thing on my list.  I had to clean that room from top to bottom - complete.  I grabbed the 3-step ladder, washing up detergent, Windex and other stuff that I needed too.  The whole room got a once over it hasn't seen since I moved in.  I completely cleaned the shower to the point it looked good enough for a house inspection, the blinds were cleaned of the dust, dirt and pollution and then the top of the closet was washed down with hot water and detergent too; then I used the surface cleaner to make sure no dust was left on top.  The Windex was used to clean the mirror, window and any glass around the room and then I scrubbed around the doors of the shower screens with Gumption and wiped the tiles down with a cloth especially designed for that purpose.  After the toilet was cleaned and the washing was folded and put away, I did out some of my wardrobe, I was stuffed and very hungry.  I had been up and down that ladder more times than I cared to remember this afternoon; and I needed something to eat.  So, I went out and bought myself a special treat:  a Chiko Roll!  Yummo!  
Tonight, at around 7:30pm, there wasn't anything on tv to keep my interest, so I washed the bathroom floor with Handy-Andy, put everything back, threw the dirty water out the back, washed up and put the rubbish out from the kitchen.  Yep, it was a very busy day!  I'm tired, but I'm ready to work on tomorrow's list of what needs to be done... and that's my bedroom.  That shouldn't take very long seeing I'm always working on making it as tidy as possible (let's hope) and I have to live in it every day and night of my life.
Well, until tomorrow, and my next post, take care, keep warm and safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment