Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Night With Triple M!

It's very late and I'm just beginning to feel tired after a night of running around North Quay, Brisbane with Mum.  But I'll begin with yesterday... shall I?  
I received a phone call from Triple M Brisbane telling me that I had won a prize; which was a night at their studios and to listen to 'The Living End's new album before it hits the record stores.  I was blown away and immediately tried to call Mum to invite her along (as I do with all my prizes from them); but I couldn't get a hold of her all afternoon.  So, I called her after a couple of hours and she was thrilled to be included.  
Well, today, I forgot a lot of things while shopping; and could you blame me?  I forgot to transfer money over to my keycard account, forgot my shopping list and then when I tried to work from memory, I forgot four things I really needed.  I did get up at 7am, did my handwashing, washed up a few things and feed Little Miss Stevie and then, I forgot those things... then all afternoon, I was looking forward to this evening.
I polished my Doc Martens, picked out my shirt, socks and jeans and then the afternoon turned really cold and I found my black jacket and other warm things to wear.  

But once Mum and I caught the 111 bus to Roma Street Station and walked to the place, we were relieved to see that we weren't running all that late really.  The back room we were shown was huge and has a large screen; where they showed us a Touring Car Race of Bathurst (I'm not sure which year) while the music was playing.  Finger food was put out and there were drinks put out as well.  Announcers from the afternoon shows - Woody and Jo - and the weekend show - Bangers - showed up.  Also one of the producers of 'The Living End's current albums - Universal - showed up too.  There was table tennis and pool to play and plenty of lounges to sit in to chill out while the music played. 



Then, one by one, we were taken into 'The Cage's studio to record some promo work.  And believe me, it's harder than it sounds.  A few times, I had to repeat myself and ended up laughing my head off most of the time.  It was the most fun I've had in a studio (well, since 101 FM where I totally froze).  Mum took plenty of photos, then promptly lost my camera case.  It ended up being right under her nose the whole time; it was where she had put her camera while she took shots with mine.  Then just to make our evening more interesting, I thought I had left my Go Card at the studio.  When we went back to look for it, I found I had put it in my bag...  and it was still in there!  The staff at Triple M were so good about it all that I gotta thank them for being so patient.  Actually, Woody joked and said that he thought we were back because they thought we were volunteering to take the 9pm slot... it was coming up and he heard that I was a volunteer.
It was a fun night; and I'd do it again if given a chance.  I loved the excitement of hearing new music and Mum enjoyed the way the staff were with everyone.  Well, I better go.  It's almost midnight; and I'm very tired now.  So, until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment