Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday

I'm thankful it's Friday... well, kind of.  It's the end of the working week; thus it means people will be home.  The whole week has been pretty quiet seeing nobody has been around.  And now, it's going to be a wet, cold weekend, it means it's going to make the kids around here stir crazy because they're stuck inside. 
I've had a busy week of reading, painting and paying bills as well as working out my problems with storing my books (which turned out better than I thought).  I'm looking into having another big throw out over the next couple of weeks and hoping to shop around for a new vacuum cleaning - a bagless one this time; which is better for my health and my house, even if it is a little more expensive to buy.  I'll try and trade in my working bagged cleaned and see if I can get a discount on the new one.  
Mum's Poinsettia isn't looking good at all.  I keep reminding her that it's going to die soon; but she keeps putting off coming over here to repot it.  I hope she realises that it will die before Winter's out.  Actually, it will probably do nothing for it and it's best to buy a whole new plant, a bigger pot put it back in the same place; then it'll have a better chance of surviving a major change like this again.  It was about to undergo a growth spurt and it couldn't - the poor plant - and now, it has to be replaced.  I haven't had a dead plant in my yard since my Mama Mia Capsicums; and their death weren't my fault either.  And they grew to an abnormal height of 5ft tall!  Thankfully, the possums didn't have a chance with them, as they loved the succulent leaves that tickled the fence; and they kept that part of the plant trimmed neatly.
Well, it's a Friday night and there's nothing on the television.  So, I've put on the radio again.  Little Miss Stevie is under her covers - as she has been all day - sleeping on her swing.  And I'm on here surfing the net.  I've done a book review on My Reading List and have been kept busy with a new painting which is just a vase of flowers; but it keeps on transforming into more than just a vase of flowers as the colours become richer and more bold.  Yep, I'm looking forward to what's ahead on this weekend as the rain settles in and the temperatures cool down.  It'll be interesting what we all get up to.  I have a feeling I'll be working on more than just my painting and reading materials... I'll keep you all posted.  Until my next post, keep safe and warm, and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment