Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mexican Birthday Party

Last night, I went out to a Mexican Birthday Costume Party at Keperra.  It was great!  Everyone showed up in all kinds of costumes ranging from Hombres to cowboys to one-off characters like our Mexican Bird Feeder (who was Liz from next door; who had bought all kinds of bird accessories and hung them all over herself and brought a bird feeder with a glo-stick inside it!).  Then, one lady showed up all dressed up with beads, feathers in her hair and the layered look of Frida and she didn't even realise she had dressed exactly like the artist until I mentioned she looked like her.  She mentioned it to her husband; and he spotted it then and said she was Frida!  So good!
 But we arrived there around 4pm and helped set up, cook up some food and blow up balloons and a few things too while Gabe, Kat and Riley got dressed up for the night.  I blew up an inflatable cactus, but it didn't seem to sit right; all flopping off to one side.  So, Mum put some water in the base and still it didn't want to behave; so she got in and blew it up more... well, you can see how funny that looked!  I kept my camera on me for the entire evening taking photos of absolutely everything around me; and they turned out fantastic!
The food was gorgeous!  The tortillas and with the two different kinds of fillers with salad was brilliant; and the people were great.  It was most definitely the best kind of Mexican night we've been to in a long time.  Gabe and his band got together for their first recital and they sounded wonderful.  



Kat loves all her gifts she received.  Mum made her a Quillow (a pillow and a quilt in one) and I gave her a copy of 'Catch-22' by Joseph Heller, a leather bookmark and a large block of dark Rum'n'Raisin chocolate.  The book was wrapped in hand-painted wrapping paper... as I couldn't find any of the wrapping paper I usually have laying around the place (isn't that always the way?); and I used one of the cards that were inside Grandpa's old writing desk.  She received another book as well; so Kat's got plenty of reading material.



It wasn't an overly late night for anyone; as we all took our leave at around 10:30pm.  For a good part of the night, it had rained and was becoming colder as the hours ticked by.  So, I think that was the main reason why people were leaving; to get home to a nice warm bed.  I wanted stick around a little longer; however, when Mum and Dad wanted to leave, I had to go with them.
But once home, I could feel the cold and my tiredness begin to catch up with me.  So, I uploaded the photos from last night onto my facebook into a new album and then headed off to bed after it was all uploaded and done.  Well, until my next post, keep safe and warm and remember I'm always here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment