Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Windy Weather and Blue Skies

After a weekend of dreadfully cold, dreary, wet weather, we've begun our week with beautiful clear days and skies.  I also decided to get in and do my laundry yesterday; but did you think my clothes line was going to stay in one place?  Nope.  So, I pushed one of the ends down to keep the towels from touching the muddy, grassy ground and - without thinking - I looked to the ground (because I thought I saw one of my clothes pegs on the ground, but it wasn't there) and just before I looked up, I rammed right into the arm of the clothes line!  Boy!  Did I swear and curse!  Fortunately, I didn't break the skin and I didn't have a concussion; but it could have been worse.  Had I been walking faster than a dawdle, I would have hit it harder and really hurt myself.  I sat down for a moment and immediately began getting a headache from it and felt sick (shock).  
For the rest of the day, I didn't feel great, but then, who would with a lump on your head from running into a chunk of steel?  I took it easy and made sure I took painkillers when my headache became too bad.  The worse part was when I had to have a shower and wash my hair; the hot water didn't help with the pain, only making it worse.  But when my head cooled off, it did help to cool off the little lump there.  It's not so bad anymore; or big, and after a good night's sleep, I'm feeling a lot better.
Yesterday afternoon, I went out to a friend's house not too far from here to help her with looking for her cat, Gus.  He normally hangs around the her house and yard, but last Thursday, Gus decided to be adventurous and take off over the fence.  He hasn't been seen since.  Cate is worried sick about him and so I've put up two notices around the place - at the Slacks Creek Post Office and the service station next door to me - so people know he's missing.  When I arrived at her house, I missed him greeting me at the door as though to ask what the hell I wanted; and the tripping up his owner in an attempt to get his way around the place.  Tomorrow, I'll be posting the last two notices around the shopping centres I frequent in case somebody has seen him or - better still - has taken him into their home.  I just hope we find him; as he's a sweet cat to her.
Last night, I had a light snack to eat and watched my usual television shows and went to bed by around 10pm.  I was asleep by about 11pm.  Yep, it was an early night for me.  Until my next post, stay safe and warm and remember I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment