Saturday, July 30, 2011

Jeremy's 35th Birthday Party

Tonight, I went out to a party; my third for this month! Wow, it's been a very social month for me. I'm amazed I've still got the energy to run around and do everything I've needed to do. Today, I got in and did three loads of laundry, got it hung out and most of it dried. Then, the washing up was put away from last night, Little Miss Stevie was fed and I folded the t-towels for the kitchen and put away the 'green' bags to put into the trolley for shopping. There were a few other things that needed to be done before I went out tonight; but they could wait until Monday. I jumped online and checked all my mail, read a few blogs and played a little bit of Farmville (I don't stay on that game very long; as it'll take up too much of my day). Then, I uploaded a picture onto 365 Project and chatted on Bookcrossing and sent an e-mail to a BC member about a book baggie before getting offline and having a nice hot shower. I washed my hair and let it dry while I tidied up more and organised my outfit for tonight and played the piano for about an hour or so.
Tonight, though, was great. None of us had been to Options at Helensvale before; and it was one of those great pubs which was in an out-of-the-ways places that it attracted the right kind of people but didn't get violent. There's a family restaurant, an upstairs entertainment area, plenty of security, dancefloor, two pool tables, a massive bar and the staff are really nice. It attracts the young people and older generations as well. Jeremy picked well with this place; and yet he'd never been there before either. Vivienne and Geoff and I found the meals were massive; and I had potato wedges which looked like it was meant for two people!
Once we found ourselves out at the lounge area, we settled in for a few hours and his other friends from work showed up; one of them had made him a cake which was in the shape of a turntable! Very cool; and the chocolate was delicious! The great thing about this place was that the music wasn't too loud and we had one guy offering to take photos with our cameras for us. It was so courteous of them. Before long, it was time for us to leave; as Viv and Geoff had a long drive ahead of them. So, after Jeremy had his sparklers lit and we all took photos of them going (and I filmed it on my camera with funny results), we ate a piece each and had to say goodnight. It was a great night and we all agreed that we had to go back there again!

No comments:

Post a Comment