Friday, July 1, 2011

Busy Week

It's the first week of the school holidays gone; and it's been a very busy week.  For the first half of the week, it was cold and not much got done in the way of laundry; but I did get the washing up and tidying up done.  However, I did get a very large book finished; and I'm glad about that.  It was 'Acheron' by Sherrilyn Kenyon; which took me almost a month to read.  But I'm glad I persevered with it as it turned out to have a great twist at the end.
Then, on Thursday, I was out at Logan Art Gallery with my volunteer work.  That was one very busy day where we had a workshop of kids and grandparents, an unscheduled home-schooling group and a collection of people coming and going for the opening for the 'Timber' exhibition.  So, overall, in the morning, we had around fifty people show up between 10am and 1:30pm.  That afternoon, I walked to the Endeavour Shop on Wembley Road to find a poncho for a costume party and a sombrero; however I found the first but not the latter.  Sombreros don't last all that long in charity stores; so it looks like I'll be wearing a cowboy hat to Kat's birthday party.  It ought to be fun in any case. 
Today, I had a busy day out at Garden City looking for a tub of paint, 'Good Reading' Magazine's new cover (and failing to find it because it's changed so much) and then buying 'The Bro Code' by Barney Stinson and Matt Kuhn at QBD.  Meanwhile I had make-up people in the centre of the mall vying for my attention, I spent the rest of the money on my Westfield card (all of $5.04 on it) and then I had a lovely latte and New York Rasberry Cheesecake, which got all over the sleeve of my shirt!  Oh well, I guess you can't always have a good day.  On the way home, it poured rain, but when I arrived at my bus stop, it was nice and sunny.  There's was no mail in the PO Box, so therefore no bills.  And when I got home, Little Miss Stevie was lovely and warm from the sun today.
Yep, today was a good day to be out; even if the winds were a little on the cooler side.  I enjoyed being out and about; seeing that tomorrow I'll be up bright and early to do my laundry, put on the slow-cooker and vacuum the house as I air it out.  The weatherman has been saying it's going to be a nice fine weekend; and what better time to air the house out but now when there's nice fresh Winter breezes around and warm sunlight to heat up the house?  Until my next post, keep safe and warm, and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment