Sunday, July 10, 2011

Windy, Crazy, Cold Week

Yep, We've had it in just that order... the winds picked up early in the week; causing me to come down with a horrible cold on Thursday.  So, I went to the doctors that day; and they couldn't do anything for me except tell me to take zinc pills.  This has worked out pretty well; to the point the only thing stuffing up is my nose and that's it, otherwise, I feel really good!
The crazy part is my neighbours... yep, they're still doing weirdo stuff that pisses off everyone around them; and yet they still don't get the message that nobody here likes them and nobody wants them here either.  I even said last Sunday morning for her to get the message and to move herself out of here only to have her to tell me to f*** off (no, I'm not actually putting the word up here) and to 'get f***ed!' before she really gunned her car and sped around the place like it was Kingston Park Go-Kart Track.  She even woke us all up at 5am on Thursday morning with the noisy belts and car doors slamming and bashing around the place then zooming out of here... and on Saturday afternoon, she blocked the whole driveway to the unit complex with a truck and two cars causing my Dad to have to mount the gutter to get into the place!   How rude and crazy is that?
But the cold part was when I went out on Friday night to Barsoma's to an art opening of Geoff Treagus' works.  He was so excited about his work that I wasn't going to miss out on it no matter where it was.  Anyway, I dressed warmly and we all had a ball eating gourmet pizzas, drinking coffee and booze and looking at how good his art looked in Barsoma's wicked low lights and the public loved it too!  The music had the place jumping at around 9pm; but by 10:30pm, most of Geoff's guests had left to head off home; and so it was time for us to catch our train too.  We walked to the station and waited 20 minutes to get onto the Cleveland train.  It only took about half an hour to get out to Thorneside; but we wanted to get back onto the train!  As we stepped onto the platform, we felt the freezing cold kick in!  Mist streamed from our mouths as the stench of the Mangroves assaulted our noses; and then quickly went away as our faces became numb.  I began to walk very quickly because my feet were beginning to feel the cold (and through thick woolen socks too!) and so, it didn't take long to get to the car and be driven home... thank goodness they brought the car!
This weekend hasn't been without it's dramas either.  I've begun doing improv on the piano and feeling great about it!  I'm sounding good; and wondering why I haven't tried it out before... no confidence, that's why.  And now I have it, why stop?  Then, today, we all heard a smoke alarm going off for about half an hour.  I usually think it's the Indians around the place making Naan Bread (as that can sometimes set off your smoke alarm by accident).  Well I did until two fire engines showed up at the gates!  I put my book down and picked up my cordless and called my parents letting them know of the excitement.  Unit 12 (I think) had had smoke pouring from the top windows and so the unit behind called the fire brigade and they were here in under 2 minutes (well, Woodridge Station is right next door to us, very convenient and quick).  They were about to smash in the back glass door when the owner showed up and she let them use her key and they found she had left a pot of soup on the stove unattended... it nearly burnt down her house.  She said she had put it on and clean forgot about it and went out, and only came back because she thought she had forgotten something vital.  Fortunately she was only down the road by 2 minutes on foot.  The firemen had on the breathing masks on and put on a fan as well.  I took some photos of the guys in action and the two engines with their lights on and all.  We all stuck around and watched as the firies packed up and chatted to the lady who lived in the unit about what's happened.  We all talked about it too before going back to our own places and left her alone.  But it did bring us all out of the woodwork for the afternoon.
Well, that was my windy, crazy and cold week - and weekend - I've still got my new painting to begin (which is only a green background).  Little Miss Stevie is all covered over now and I'm about to wrap things up on here for another day.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm; and remember, I'm always here. 

2 comments:

  1. I hope your neighbour is okay and didn't lose alot of contents in her home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It shook us all up about how easy it is to forget things in this cold weather... no matter what age we are. Also, I think it's made us look out for each other more here.

    ReplyDelete